Black Ops gets fourth, all zombie map pack 'Rezurrection'

By on August 4, 2011, 1:32 PM

Call of Duty: Black Ops fans have yet another map pack to look forward to before Modern Warfare 3 launches later this year. Called ‘Rezurrection’, Activision says this DLC is different than the previous three releases as there are no dedicated multiplayer maps but rather only zombie maps.

Black Ops map packs have traditionally featured four new regular multiplayer map packs and only a single zombie map. ‘Rezurrection’ will feature five zombie maps and almost all of these new maps are remakes of maps from Call of Duty: World at War. Only one all-new map is being released, called Moon.

Furthermore, those that bought the Hardened or Prestige editions of Black Ops already have the four World at War maps. A new zombie soundtrack and a Moon Xbox 360 theme will also accompany the 360 release.

Currently there are five zombie maps available for standard Black Ops owners: Five, Kino der Toten, Ascension, Call of the Dead and Shangri-La. The last three were bundled with previous map packs First Strike, Escalation and Annihilation, respectively.

The new map pack is scheduled for release exclusively on Xbox 360 on August 23 and for PS3 and PC sometime in September. The Xbox DLC will sell for the usual 1200 Microsoft points ($15) but is available free of charge to Hardened and Prestige edition owners.

Modern Warfare 3 is the next title release in the Call of Duty series and is due November 8.

ramonsterns said:

This just in, 18 maps are worth as much as the game!

More at eleven, how giving Activision ~$100 dollars per game is killing the videogames.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I cannot believe this game was such a big hit, i'm even more shocked that people actually buy the map packs... It almost sickens me.

F-irst Strike

E-scalation

A-nnihilation

R-ezurrection

Ummm... Interesting!

So I get to go to the moon to kill zombies... cool wait why am I on the moon?? hang on beter question how the **** did the infinate zombies get on the bloody MOON!!! WTF

I suggest you find something else to do with your time!!

I love this game. Just think of the map packs as an installment plan for one of the best games ever made.

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I feel sad for you, sir.

FatTwinkie said:

Although I'm not a fan of having to pay $65 for the game and the additional $15 a piece per map pack (which I own all of them because it gives me something to do), but I'm digging the all Zombie map pack idea. Zombies is a fun game and again, I'm with all of you and think its ridiculous to pay for add-ons that should be free, but still digging it, lol. And as for the question of how Zombies getting on the moon doesn't make any sense to me either, especially the infinite amount part.

Wait, It's Situated on the Moon. Theres a lack of oxygen on the Moon and before you all say "But they'll be on the space station" I Looked at screenshots on the Blacks Ops Facebook Page and there are bits of the map which are outside the space station. And Releasin the Old maps? Just Go on WaW

HiDDeNMisT HiDDeNMisT said:

Nice, can't wait!

Zecias said:

lawfer said:

I feel sad for you, sir.

yeah me too. Played through 1 hour of the campaign at my friend's house and i decided i would never buy a COD game. EVER.

Game is amazing don't diss although activision r sucking money out of us there still extraudanery maps to play multiplayer is crap ZOMBIES FTW!!!!!!!

Zombies is a hell of a good way to kill time and release stress. I'm not sure why people complain about $15, I mean seriously, I can get at least a good 20 hours out of a zombie map, where as I get maybe 2 hours of enjoyment eating two subs at subway. There is dumber **** to spend $15 on and zombies is worth the price tag.

19kylegreer96 said:

Zombies getting on the moon fattwinkie is part of the zombies story, which you really have to 'know; to understand, its a very deep plot, I believe the moon part comes from the ascension map, where the rockets where going to the moon for element 115 and so this map follow, its not in the right order, but, five was ment to be happening at the same time as ascension, so order of release does not matter, we know that because there are red phones in ascension that when you activate, you can hear live, the characters from five talking about being attacked by masses of zombies. I hopw I cleared that for you and everyone. :)

Does anyone know if the "remake" versions of the WAW zombie maps will be different in any way? For example it would be nice if a modified Nacht Der Untoten were to allow you to go outside (maybe to the crashed bomber?) and maybe being able to buy at least Juggernog and Speed Cola would be great.

I think they're just makin the maps again/the same in cod 5 so people can buy the zombie maps without buyin waw

Reading this just made my day :) LONG LIVE ZOMBIES!!

RH00D RH00D said:

No, they are doing it the same because it requires zero creative thought, it will be quick, cheap and most unfortunately, the moms of 13 year old boys will actually pay for it.

quit bein bitches yea they make mad bread off of us but atleast they give us sum amazing games so our money is being put to good use and im glad they finally came out with an all zombie map pack

"yeah me too. Played through 1 hour of the campaign at my friend's house and i decided i would never buy a CoD game. EVER."

Wow, one hour? I wish I could decide to never try a franchise again EVER again that quickly. What part of the campaign did you try? Did your friend just drop you into some random part? Are you just part of the "I hate CoD because it's cool" fan group?

I thought the campaign was a pretty good blockbuster style story. Of course it will never be seen as great because of how stupidly popular the series is now. Rent it and give the campaign an actual go through, maybe you'll have fun.

The multiplayer, on the other hand, is pretty basic. While fun, I don't understand the popularity of it. Then again, most of the voices I hear on there are frat boys or children so maybe that explains it a little bit.

Zombies is fun too, although they didn't change much (or anything at all) from WaW.

I have an idea... How about they just make one great zombie "game" They obviously SUCK at multiplayer. Concentrate on an actual full blown zombie game.

Zecias said:

There were alot of generic characters, but the russian guy was pretty cool; all of them had pretty good voice acting. The story wasn't bad from what i had been through, but it wasn't compelling enough. Then combine that with bad level design, generic gameplay, and less than average graphics. Everyone talks about how the gameplay never changes and that really gives me no incentive to play the game. I've played some of the previous installments(WAW, MW1), and i felt like they were passable. But the series seems to be getting worse as it progresses.

I find that for 90% of games, if you aren't enjoying it within the first hour, you won't like it.

THIS... IS... AWESOME!!! Finally, an all Zombies map pack. The only thing I'm pissed about is that 2 weeks ago I went out and traded my standard copy of Black Ops in and payed an extra $100 with my trade value and bought an unsold Prestige Edition of Black Ops just to get the original Zombies maps for it. Now I find out I could've just waited another month and paid only $15 to get the original maps and had money to put towards another game! Oh well... Good news is I get the 'Rezurection' map pack for free. Go waisting money... :(....

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Why is it, Call of Duty used to be a very historically accurate WWII shooter. Back then it was ground breaking, Graphics, action, everything about it made it the best WWII Shooter ever made.

Now when this stupid developer came in (Treyarch) Zombies appears to the main multiplayer game? The gamplay hasn't really changed at all and the graphics haven't been increased since Modern Warfare and the level design has only gotten worse and worse.

I'm truly, and utterly shocked as to how many people play this game, Hell one of my friends religously plays it and will stand up for it to no end. After speaking to him, the reason he plays the game so much is because, well its easy to understand, apparently is is completely unable to grasp TF2 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2??

So either is is completely stupid or these games have a massive learning curve.

And to be honest, I think its the former option.

So your concerned how zombies got onthe moon, so your happy that the unead exist but getting them on the moon is unrealistic!

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

No if you read my post (assuming you were replying to me) you'll find that I find all the COD games since MW utter rubbish for people who either can't grasp "complex" gameplay mechanics or simply don't want to.

Arris Arris said:

I'd rather wait and play Dead Isle and keep my military shooters (vaguely) in the realms of reality.

And The Best Thing About it for xbox if u already have the first 3 map packs you get the last one for free

Cod was made for epic multiplayer not campaign. Its not supernatural that millions of people buy the game, its best multiplayer game ever made. But in the world of video games the quote "don't hate the player, hate the game" holds no meaning. As no matter how good you make a game, kids will still do everything they can to be cheap and ruin the game. Chew on that for a bit, trolls.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

You have to be joking right? At least, I really hope so.

you guys do realize that the maps are going to be refurbished meaning redone with the black ops guns on waw maps for zombies its not the same

True, but these maps were already refurbished for those who got the Black Ops Hardened/Prestige Edition, making it an extremely cheap, easy, and top-selling pack or those who didn't buy the Hardened/Prestige. IMO, Treyarch is putting no effort in their map packs. $15 per map pack is bullshit.

no, what they do is put the blackops guns in the waw maps, that what they do.

wait thet say it will be free of charge to Hardened and Prestige edition owners but how would we get the code????? hmm i hope thats true and plus it would be nice to get it for free lol

I hate how all of a sudden everybody plays CoD. I think people that have been loyal CoD fans since the beginning should get the map packs for free. I mean, having 10 years olds AND 30 years old screaming at me everytime I play a match? It is getting old...

So those of us who bought WAW and then the DLC for the WAW Zombie maps will be paying for the same 4 maps again as part of Rezurrection just so that we can get the 1 new moon map?!? That seems like a ripoff to those of us who have been loyal to the COD franchise to have to pay for the same 4 maps again? You would think that if they are giving it free to those with Hardened or Prestige versions of BO that they would also throw a bone to those of use who bought WAW w/ DLCs? $15 for the 1 new Moon map just doesn't seem fair, i think I'll sit this one out.

Can you get the zombies map pack for free

ramonsterns said:

loyal to the COD franchise

I wish people would learn that Activision doesn't see customers as people, but as numbers. That's all you and everyone who buys Activisions games is, a number, a stinkin' statistic, a prediction of future profit to them.

Activision isn't in the business of making money, it's in the business of brain washing and sucking you dry without you ever realizing it. And the sad thing is, people will still defend them knowing this.

You can only get the new zombie maps free if you bought the Hardened or Prestige editions of Black Ops, if you previously purchased the 4 original maps through WAW then you are being screwed by Activision because they are charging you $15 to get the one new Moon map plus the same 4 WAW zombie maps again.

Got waw maps 4 it so i get moon 4 so cool cant wait i love danielle wheel!!

don't forget moon. FEARM no so interesting. :P lol

because it was belived that there was a ray what was shot it into space to rebound of a satalite to kill all the zombies but insted it teleported them to the moon and thats how it happend plus theres 2 new guns and 1 new perk what ive heard http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSyndicateProject#p/u/0/UdwzTB
JN4w follow this link to most epic zombie player and he talk about the new map pack

On computer u can make maps and get as many as u would like y do us consoled players have to pay 4 maps they should just put out a map eitior and a uploader so we can make are own maps

the earth most have blown up so they all went to the moon for a holiday

They're more then likely just like the Modern Warfare remakes. Exactly the same but with better graphics and less glitches.

its zombies, last time i checked zombies were not all that realistic so stop trollin *****

someone should make a call of duty game, with JUST zombies as the story mode and mini-games

honestly, i enjoy blackops. its fun. but having to pay so much for maps is just crazy. a game should be a full game, not slowly release the rest of the maps you have made for it.

i understand companys need to make money. but its just sick how they ravage people for it these days. you can't buy a game in one purchase anymore is what it seems to boil down to. i'm not hating on the game, just the people who are to greedy for their own good. lord help them if i ever by chance meet someone who is getting the money from this. i'll have a few words for them.

on another note, interesting what someone said before me, a bit before, the first letters of each spelling FEAR. thats very odd, wonder if it really was on purpose. if so...kudos to them its actually creative.

Please stop complaining about how i hope 3arc wouldn't make us pay 15 dollars for a map pack cause at the end of the day your going to buy them so STFU!!! Second i played 1 hour of it and i never played another COD title again its not a bad series i don't see what do y'all want in a game perfect graphics perfect voices these games aren't jesus there not going to be perfect like WTF!!! Making those drastic changes to a game doesn't always make it better also in some ways it makes it worse.a whole lot of games out here that everyone think is perfect the people that say this play Starcraft 2 and Halo Wars all day. Come on shut up either buy the game or don't damn!!!! Zombies FTW!!!!!!!

that is itreting