One of the attributes which makes Google great has to be its whimsical sense of humor and fun. There are a plethora of Easter eggs for Google's services and products (see more below) but this latest surprise will have you fighting an impossible battle to save your search results.
When a user Googles "zerg rush", a swarm of enemies shaped like the letter "O" will begin to fall from the top of their browser window. Users will only have moments between each wave to fight off the invasion by furiously clicking each O. Once your page results have been obliterated by O-shaped invaders, a couple of Gs will appear and score your valor and sacrifice. For those willing to participate, users can even post their score to Google+.
Is it just me, or do those red Os look a whole lot like Opera's logo? Hmmm...
Some other Easter eggs that might interest you (tip: some of these require HTML5):
- Do a barrel roll: Try googling "do a barrel roll" for some good times
- Anagram: Searching for "anagram" causes Google to suggest "nag a ram" -- an anagram of anagram, of course
- Recursion: Speaking of which, searching for "recursion" causes Google to recursively suggest "recursion" once again
- Alternate languages: Google doesn't discriminate -- they kindly provide search services in such important languages at Klingon, Pirate and more
- The loneliest number? It's 1, of course!
- Google knows the answer to the Universe: Most nerds know the answer to this one already, though
- ASCII art: Type in "ascii art" and Google will change its look to match your search criteria
- Askew: Type in "tilt" or "askew" and Google will slant your search results in an interesting way
- Gravity: Type "Google Gravity" and hit "I'm feeling lucky" to observe Google collapse before your very eyes
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.