E3 2012 PC game trailer roundup

By on June 5, 2012, 8:30 AM

With E3 well underway, dozens of fresh game trailers and demos have hit the Web. We've collected some of the most popular videos for upcoming PC releases, including Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Borderlands 2 and more. Titles are ordered alphabetically and the launch dates are for North America.

Naturally, you're more than welcome to share links to any trailers you think are worth sharing, PC or otherwise. Notably missing from this PC-centric list is Halo 4, but you can watch that here. It goes without saying, but many of these videos are for games rated mature and thus are not safe for work (Far Cry 3 especially).

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Release date: February 12, 2013 | Genre(s): First-person shooter, survival horror | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Arma 3

Release date: Late 2012 | Genre(s): Tactical military shooter | Also on: None

Assassin's Creed III

Release date: October 30, 2012 | Genre(s): Action-adventure, open world | Also on: Xbox, PS3, Wii U

Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Expansion

Release date: June 12, 2012 | Genre(s): Military first-person shooter | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Borderlands 2

Release date: September 18, 2012 | Genre(s): First-person shooter, action role-playing | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Release date: November 13, 2012 | Genre(s): Military first-person shooter | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Crysis 3

Release date: February 2013 | Genre(s): First-person shooter | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Dead Space 3

Release date: February 2013 | Genre(s): Third-person shooter, survival horror | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Dishonored

Release date: October 9, 2012 | Genre(s): Action-adventure, stealth | Also on: Xbox, PS3

DmC: Devil May Cry

Release date: January 17, 2013 | Genre(s): Action, hack and slash | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Far Cry 3

Release date: September 4, 2012 | Genre(s): First-person shooter, sandbox | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Hitman: Absolution

Release date: November 20, 2012 | Genre(s): Third-person shooter, stealth | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Lost Planet 3

Release date: TBA 2013 | Genre(s): Third-person shooter | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Release date: October 23, 2012 | Genre(s): First-person shooter | Also on: Xbox, PS3, Wii U

Metro: Last Light

Release date: Early 2013 | Genre(s): First-person shooter, survival horror | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Release date: October 30, 2012 | Genre(s): Racing | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Resident Evil 6

Release date: October 2, 2012 | Genre(s): Shooter, horror | Also on: Xbox, PS3

SimCity

Release date: February 2013 | Genre(s): Construction and management sim | Also on: None

Sleeping Dogs

Release date: August 14, 2012 | Genre(s): Third-person shooter, open world | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Release date: Early 2013 | Genre(s): Third-person shooter, stealth | Also on: Xbox, PS3

The Cave

Release date: Early 2013 | Genre(s): Platform-adventure | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Tomb Raider

Release date: March 5, 2013 | Genre(s): Action-adventure, platform | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Release date: August 28, 2012 | Genre(s): Third-person shooter | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Warface

Release date: TBA 2012 | Genre(s): First-person shooter, free-to-play | Also on: None

Watch Dogs

Release date: TBA | Genre(s): Action-adventure, open world | Also on: Xbox, PS3

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Release date: October 9, 2012 | Genre(s): Turn-based real-time strategy | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Zeno Clash 2

Release date: TBA 2013 | Genre(s): Open world brawler | Also on: Xbox, PS3

Ubisoft is providing its users with a map editor for Farcry3, allowing its users to create there own multiplayer maps, "you know those maps that activition likes to charge $ for" yeah you can make them for FREE, hell even replicate your favourite COD map in the Farcry universe. LOL

customcarvin customcarvin said:

Thank you Matthew for posting this! This is why I love TechSpot -- always true to the PC gamers!

nazartp said:

Unfortunately, except for Borderlands 2, nothing really tickles my fancy. Watchdogs, maybe.

Please get any Arma 3 material here as soon as it's available!

Recycle said:

Dead Space 3, SimCity, and Watch Dogs are on my must-buy list.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

I added Arma 3's pre-E3 demo (released June 1). Feel free to make any additional recommendations.

Renrew Renrew said:

Great Idea. Thanx Tech Spot.

Benny26 Benny26, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Watchdogs looked quite amazing. Can't wait for that.

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Star Wars 1313 would be a good title to add, it was revealed last night on Spike/Gametrailers. This new game is supposed to be a more mature and dark take on the SW universe and you'll play a bounty hunter in the criminal underworld. Looks like a pretty cool third-person action/shooter, but it's still early in production.

^the graphics look good, but the gameplay they showed was weak imo.

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

Metro Last Light should be on the list. It's the sequel to Metro 2033.

JasAce said:

Wow I haven't heard of Watchdogs until now. That looks EPIC to be honest! After Borderlands 2 and Hitman: Absolution AND now Watchdogs.... I'm pretty sure my wife is going to regret letting me build my new PC gaming rig lol.

wujj123456 said:

Best roundup ever. Thanks for posting.

I'm sexually excited only just watching Assassin's creed III's trailer, I wonder what will happen if I watch all of these trailers? :D LOL

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

No new video for Counter Strike: Global Offensive? The trailer they made a year ago doesn't represent how the game is now. Valve really is awesome though! August 21st, only $15 on Steam (PC and Mac), PSN and XBLA

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Added Metro: Last Light but I don't see any new official videos for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Global Offensive and Valve Youtube channels). You're welcome to link a video.

I guess they haven't made a new video yet. Too bad..

nik11105 said:

big fan of the NFS series CANT WAIT!!

Two things I come away with here is I won't be getting two of my previously favorite games, the new Tombraider and the new Splinter Cell. They both have become something so entirely different (and not for the good) that as far as I'm concerned might shouldn't even be using the names anymore. Tombraider made me sick what they've done with Lara. They've turned her into a barbie doll for pre teens. She just is not Lara anymore (neither was Underworld but it's even worse now). As for Splinter Cell, I always knew if they got rid of Michael Ironside, I wouldn't play the game anymore. Bummer on both counts.