Medal of Honor: Warfighter Tested, Benchmarked

By on October 30, 2012, 11:45 PM

Medal of Honor: Warfighter calls for no less than a 3GHz quad-core processor paired with a GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950. Given those upper-end requirements, we expect the title to be fairly demanding with its visuals maxed out, and we'll be putting a ton of past and present-gen cards through their paces.

It's worth noting that unlike 2010's Medal of Honor which used separate engines for single player and multiplayer, Warfighter uses DICE's Frostbite 2 engine -- the same software that powers Battlefield 3.

We'll be testing 29 DirectX 11 graphics card configurations from AMD and Nvidia across all price ranges with their respective latest beta drivers that claim to improve performance.

Read the complete article.

dividebyzero dividebyzero, trainee n00b, said:

Thanks for the speedy and comprehensive game benchmark review. Awesome as usual.

fteumer said:

Great benchmarking. very informative! looking forward to checking out this title

Great review, thanks. BTW, don't you think lens effects are being overused these days?

amstech amstech, TechSpot Enthusiast, said:

Impressive results for the Radeons.

Nice to see my 670 still squeak ahead of the 7950 at 1600p on Ultra Settings.

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

I've gotta say I'm impressed with the change AMD has made to improve performance on their current gen.

Blue Falcon said:

Good game engine, but notable poor texture up-close in many sections of the game. Clearly a console ported game:

[link]

The single player campaign is awful, simply continuing the tradition of corridor, hand-guided modern military shooters like BF and COD, but even worse than them. I don't know how they did it but this game is even worse than MOH they tried to fix. After Borderlands 2 and Dishonored, this game is a disgrace to the FPS genre.

Looking forward to FC3.

Staff
Steve Steve said:

Thanks zero I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks as well and yeah I was looking forward to it as well and I enjoyed the first few missions, wish I had time to play some more

What I'd love to see in edition is a rough "benchmarking" of the cores on multiplayer. Something like i7 vs i3 and 8350 vs 4170. I've heard BF3 online eats up dual cores and would love to see some documented proof of this. It'd be nice to get at least a general idea what sort of performance hit you're taking when downgrading from quad to dual.

blimp01 said:

660ti is a lot more powerful than I was expecting it owns the 580

GTX 570 is mentioned in the hardware list used but is absent in the results.

Blue Falcon said:

blimp01,

Too bad GTX660Ti is priced to compete against after-market / V2 7950s, not against a 580. At ultra quality presets, the 7950 V2 is easily faster than the 660Ti. Interesting turn of events in a Frostbite 2.0 game where AMD has clearly taken the lead now in both BF3 and MOH:W titles.