Weekend Open Forum: Share your plans for the long weekend

By on November 23, 2012, 6:00 PM

Thanksgiving officially marks the start of the holiday season in the U.S. and for many it’s a chance to visit family and stuff themselves with abundant food -- preferably Turkey and gravy.

Heck, even I find it a good excuse to have a nice dinner back home in Ecuador (not that I need an excuse when it comes to delicious food, of course).

I don’t get to enjoy a couple of days off work, though. But for those of you who are, tell us about your plans for the long weekend. Taking a short trip? Spending it inside playing your backlog of games? Eating Thanksgiving leftovers? Doing some holiday shopping? Let's hear it.

Image source: someecards.com

Unfortunately doing homework as I work towards my Bachelor of Technology.

Bar hopping and going to after parties, did all my shopping online.

R3DP3NGUIN R3DP3NGUIN said:

2 weeks left of my Advance Dip in Network Security (nothing but Cisco study FTW)

Benny26 Benny26, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Just chillin' at home with a few games...and tomorrow a few beers.

Tekkaraiden Tekkaraiden said:

Building a fireplace mantle hopefully.

Scshadow said:

I'm going to spend the weekend crying over a crappy black friday and hoping for the laptop I want on cyber monday. I don't know if I should consider this my crying warm up or if I should consider next week my crying aftershocks.

misor misor said:

Playing starcraft 2 (u.s. blizzard @19.99$ discounted price )

Raswan Raswan said:

Playing some games (Supreme Commander, BF3) with friends, house-sitting for our department head, drinking some whiskey and eating some tacos while watching football (OU vs. OSU Bedlam game this afternoon), and writing this piece of shit historiographical essay on World War One. woot woot.

soldier1969 soldier1969 said:

Eat, sleep, work out, watch Alabama smoke Auburn, play MOH warfighter and BF3 on PC online with my clan, and work on getting some nooky...

Cota Cota said:

The same thing I try in any long breaks, trying to condense Hydrogen.

mailpup mailpup said:

Just doing some miscellaneous car repairs. Replacing a vehicle speed sensor on a Honda at the moment.

Update: Success. Speedometer and odometer are functional again.

free4rm said:

Worked on Friday but spent Thursday with very good friends. Weather was so nice we had Thanksgiving dinner outside on the patio. Today I go shopping!

tonylukac said:

Surprising invited to the cousins for turkey the day before with beer on tap. Very prosperous people. Was going to buy a tv, but Walmart had labor disputes, Best Buy ticked me off, and Fry's set was recalled. Brother bought a washer and dryer at HHGregg. Might look to cyber Monday for a tv.

tonylukac said:

Just like Charlie Brown. Our Thanksgiving in the midwest was 60 degrees, so we can have it outside now too.

DanUK DanUK said:

I've basically played Planetside 2 all weekend. How come you guys haven't done a feature on it yet?

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

I bought five games on Steam last friday, and played Black Ops II this weekend.