Amazon Appstore giving away 18 free apps today only

By on March 22, 2013, 2:00 PM

Amazon’s Appstore is celebrating its second birthday by giving away a number of free apps. The service has been offering a number of apps and games with discounts this week leading up to today where 18 apps are available completely free of charge. The offer was announced on Twitter earlier today and is only valid for one day so be sure to head over and collect some freebies for your Android device while they last.

Apps that were once part of the Free App of the Day program are being made available for users in the US, Europe and Japan. Collectively, the free apps have a retail value of nearly $45 and include a number of hit titles. Below is a list of apps available for free today only:

• White Noise
  • Weather+
  • Kids Paint
  • KeepTrack Pro
  • EasyMoney
  • MobiLearn Talking Phrasebook
  • Folder Organizer

The free game list consists of the following titles:

• Cubistry
  • Bejeweled 2
  • Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
  • Quell Reflect
  • Wubbzy’s Space Adventure
  • Paranormal Activity
  • Spectrum Puzzles
  • ChuChu Rocket!
  • Final Freeway
  • Dabble – The Fast Thinking Word Game
  • Final Freeway

Amazon’s Android Appstore launched on March 22, 2011 with nearly 3,800 free and paid apps from a variety of developers. The service quickly gained the attention of Apple who said the name of the service was too similar to their own App Store. Nearly two years later in January of this year, a judge rejected Apple’s trademark complaint over the use of the name.

Tygerstrike said:

Hey they may not be the best Apps, but its nice to see Google giving a little something back. Maybe Apple should take a look at what Google is doing. Apple has more money then they know what to do with. Maybe Apple would win back some of its detractors by showing a little humanity and giving away a few Apps. But since it's Apple it won't happen. But thanks anyways Google!!! Show Apple how its done!!

bluebob951 bluebob951 said:

You mean Amazon...amazon controls its own appstore not google...

cmbjive said:

I own all of those games. Oh well, I'll keep waiting until Minecraft is free.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Nothing I'd want but it is appreciated nonetheless.

Camikazi said:

I add all free apps whether I use them or not cause you never know when they might come in handy. Once you click "Get It" they are added to your account and you can download them whenever you want so no real reason to not add them.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wanted those apps

distantreality said:

I got all those but I really am waiting for Farming Simulator to hit the amazon app store I contacted the developer they said it should be on there in a few weeks and that was last week. I know it works great!!

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

I got all those but I really am waiting for Farming Simulator to hit the amazon app store!
We have an actual physical farming simulator near where I live. I think they call it a "supermarket".

Besides, unless a farming simulator is set in Tejas along the Rio Grande, and has border patrol agents with live ammo, how much fun could it be?

In any event, I'm holding out hope for an "ant farm simulator" app. I bet that would really keep me on the edge of my seat.

(There, there now, don't get upset, consider this part of your 'hazing' ..:p

distantreality said:

(There, there now, don't get upset, consider this part of your 'hazing' ..:p

hahaha well it isn't as good as fs 2013 or fs 2011 or fs 2009 all for pc but as far as android apps goes I will take my farming fix as far as non violent games go it is great and I think glu mobile makes ant farm I tried it but they don't have tractors now talk about slow lol