Next generation iPhones rumored to ship with multiple color options

By on May 24, 2013, 9:30 AM

A new report has surfaced claiming the next iteration of Apple’s iPhone could ship in multiple colors. We’ve heard similar rumors leading up to the launch of previous generations but thus far, Cupertino has stuck to their guns with the white and black color schemes. But with Apple’s recent stock woes and increased competition from Samsung, could now be the time that we finally see multi-colored iPhones?

Two different sources recently told Macotakara that the rumored low-cost iPhone could come in a variety of colors. One source mentioned navy, gold / orange, white and gray as possibilities while the second said we can expect to see the cheaper model arrive in white, pink, green, blue and yellow / orange. Both sources didn’t list black as a possibility which is interesting considering that color has been with the iPhone for years.

As for the iPhone5S, the publication believes it will arrive in the traditional white and black in addition to a few other colors, perhaps green and gold. The design of Apple’s new flagship is said to be the same as the iPhone 5 although it could ship with a dual-LED flash. Rumors of a dual-LED flash also sprang up in the weeks and months leading to the iPhone 5 release but of course that never happened.

Other subtle changes are said to include a resign of the rear microphone hole that would see Apple ditch the pill-shaped cutout for one that is circular.

6 people like this | LukeDJ LukeDJ said:

My god, this one's a game-changer guys.

Geee.. let me get in line!! It comes in different colors..that's the next big thing for iphone, yay!!

MilwaukeeMike said:

The design of Apple?s new flagship is said to be the same as the iPhone 5 although it could ship with a dual-LED flash.
So it's the same, except for maybe one new thing that we didn't know we needed and don't understand why we'd want it.

At least the green and gold will appeal to Packer fans. I'd have expected San Fran Red and Gold though.

All joking aside, the candy colored iMacs of the 90's sold pretty well if I remember right. Maybe this is what Apple needs to get that share price back up to where it was.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I wish all manufacturers would make their phones (& tablets) in a multitude of colors. I'm sick of black & white but that doesn't mean to say if Apple does this I'd buy one of their products but if they do I'm sure other will follow suit. It's monkey see monkey do out there.

Samsung already doing it since galaxy s2!!

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Samsung already doing it since galaxy s2!!

Yeah? That was one model. How about all models.

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

There's a whole line of aftermarket skins and covers for things. If it's remotely popular you'll probably find a custom fit vinyl wrap for it. Tired of white? you can just have companies like GelaSkins.com print out your photo and turn your thing into a work of art.

122jimbo 122jimbo said:

Microsoft should sue them for using those colors!

1 person liked this | JC713 JC713 said:

I love my iPhone because it is nice and refined. Adding colors just ruins it, just like what they did with the iPod Touch 5G. Yes it is targeted to children, but still, what was so wrong with black and white?

If Steve Jobs still alive, he'll probably said "what the fu...?"

SexyMan SexyMan said:

This is a good move from Apple. Now, as an Apple fanboi, I will buy all the different colors as collection.

Thank you Apple. I love you.

avoidz avoidz said: