Nvidia releases GeForce 331.58 WHQL drivers

By on October 21, 2013, 7:30 PM
nvidia, geforce, gpu, graphics card, driver, whql

With the impending releases of Battlefield 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins, Nvidia has released a new WHQL-certified driver for owners of GeForce 8-series cards and above. Driver version 331.58 reportedly improves performance in DiRT Showdown (up to 11%), Metro: Last Light (up to 9%), Sleeping Dogs (up to 8%) and Sniper Elite V2 (up to 13%), among others.

If you've been running the GeForce 331.40 driver beta the past few weeks, it's worth upgrading to 331.58 as the newer driver does include some new features and SLI profiles. If you're sticking to the WHQL drivers, version 331.58 includes new PhysX System Software, includes expanded support for HBAO+ and introduces the capabilities for 4K Surround setups.

Battlefield 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins are both set to launch very shortly, so its wise to get your gaming rig set up now for a solid few weeks of gaming action. To download the 331.58 drivers just choose your operating system and platform below:

Desktop: Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit or Windows Vista/7/8 64-bit
Notebooks: Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit or Windows Vista/7/8 64-bit

cliffordcooley cliffordcooley, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Letting GeForce Experience download now.

TechGamer TechGamer said:

Hopefully this wont make everything unplayable for me like the beta ones

tomkaten tomkaten said:

Enough with the game improvements, there are 60 page topics on their boards about people having major issues with every driver pack after 314.22. I'm one of them. I wish they'd just look into that first. Freezes, TDR, Bsods and the likes... Not cool.

4xx and 5xx series seem to be the most affected, but they've been reported with 6 and 7 series as well. The drivers also seem to become too bloated with features that maybe 5% of Nvidia owners use, they should really think about making a bare-bone driver for the masses.

If anyone has any reports on this one's stability with 4xx and 5xx series, please let us know. Thanks !

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Letting GeForce Experience download now.

And I thought I was the only one on these forums that uses GeForce Experience. Although supported games are pretty limited, the ones that are supported work pretty well I think.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I've not used GeForce Experience however, I'm going to give it a go when I get home, see what's what.

I wish they could increase PhysX processing on the 780 to be more efficient, Borderlands 2 runs like a bit of a dog at times with a 780 (I've made sure it is using the GPU for processing) but it still runs a bit crap which is disappointing for such a decent card.

spydercanopus spydercanopus said:

You think they'll ever figure out how to stop resizing my desktop to 1024x768 for a split second and hence resizing windows and moving icons?