Google releases images of Glass redesign with new mono earbud

By on October 30, 2013, 1:00 PM
google, glass, google glass, eyewear, explorer edition, upgraded model, micro usb, mono earbud

Yesterday, Google announced that it was expanding the Explorer program and that existing Glass owners would be eligible to a one-time hardware exchange. The swap will let owners trade-in their existing device for the upgraded model. While at that time the company wasn't prepared to give us a look at the new version, today Google has dropped some images of its revised eyewear.

Information on the new models is still thin, we know they will support "future lines of shades and prescription frames" for those who wear glasses, and that Google has put aside the bone conduction audio in favor of a mono earbud.

Today's images don't appear to show off anything more than the new earbud option, which plugs into the device's micro USB port and embellished with the Glass logo. At this point Google has been been fairly quiet about any other revisions made in the new model. Beta testers are expected to go hands on soon, so it likely won't be long until more information surfaces.

Glass is still expected to become available for consumers sometime next year at a much more affordable price than the $1500 Google is currently asking.

1 person liked this | Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I must thank Google for their most generous offer but I already wear glasses which are much cheaper, much simpler and not so idiotic looking. I'll pass on these as well.

j05hh j05hh said:

How am I suppose to wear these over the glasses I already wear?

MilwaukeeMike said:

How am I suppose to wear these over the glasses I already wear?

From the article

or you could get contact lenses. or you could keep your glasses and spend the money on something else.

JC713 JC713 said:

Now it looks even funkier than before.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

Now it looks even funnier than before.

I hope you don't mind I that I edited your post because this is what I think you were trying to say.

1 person liked this | j05hh j05hh said:

Now it looks even funnier than before.

I think he meant funkier! not funnier! haha ...I wonder what the "affordable" price is going to be?

ikesmasher said:

They both mean similar things....

Anyway, build these into some legitimate looking sunglasses and sell em for $200 and I might bite. Also make it do cooler stuff. I wanna play pacman by having him follow the my eye. :P

dennis777 dennis777 said:

I was expecting a bigger glass and in green colors..

"power over 9000!!!"