Grand Theft Auto V for PC shows up on Amazon France & Germany

By on January 22, 2014, 12:30 PM
germany, gaming, gta, pc, grand theft auto v, gta v, amazon france

Grand Theft Auto V may be coming to the PC sooner rather than later as the title has shown up on the French and Germany versions of Amazon. The former listing has since been pulled but the German listing remains live as of writing which is certainly a good omen.

A version of the game for PC has been rumored for quite some time. Last October, multiple industry sources told Eurogamer that the hit title would arrive on the PC during the first quarter of 2014. What’s more, an Nvidia executive accidentally mentioned the game during an investor call and Intel said they didn’t expect the title to remain a console exclusive for very long.

But perhaps the most damning evidence arrived last week with the discovery of 150-page bug log purported to be from the PC version of the game. The log dated back to April 2009 with references to a PC version starting around June 2012. It contains multiple references to 32- and 64-bit versions of the game as well as DirectX 11 smog and more.

Thus far, Rockstar has remained silent on the matter but if past releases are any indication, there’s reason for hope. Every console exclusive game in the series since GTA III has eventually found its way to the PC so there’s little reason why the same won’t happen here. The only question really is, when will it happen, and furthermore, will we ultimately see versions launched on Microsoft and Sony’s next generation consoles?

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Let's hope it's not a terrifically crappy port like IV was.

IAMTHESTIG said:

R* if this indeed true, which I hope it is; please spend some time polishing the game so it isn't buggy and unstable. I think those of us who want to buy the game are going to anyway, and we are willing to wait a bit longer. We don't want to be frustrated with an unstable game which only puts a bad taste in peoples mouths and possibly hurting sales.

EClyde EClyde said:

Yea, Right...swell OK and sure.

howzz1854 said:

I am all up for giving more time for polish and not release a half ass game. just look at BF4, it's not even half ass, more like a quarter cheek.

LOL this is true. I wanted to like BF4 so much, but it really is pathetic. I loved seeing an update on the BF4 launch page showing a "PC Update live" Advertisement a few weeks ago, and then reading all the comments of people below saying "now I cant spawn, WTF!" LOL. Thanks EA.

...good game when it works though.

IKROWNI said:

I would just like to say thanks to all the people who bought the beta and spent the past few months bug testing the game for its ultimate form on Pc.

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

Let's hope it's not a terrifically crappy port like IV was.

Even if it is, the mod community will either patch the bugs (like we saw for GTA IV and Skyrim), or they will simply make up for it with awesome content additions.

I can't believe the number of people that bash BF4. I have not crashed in months. I played it all of last weekend and I am eagerly awaiting the next expansion.

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

I saw this on the forums and I got scared. I booted up Battlelog and it said in all caps at the top of the screen "UPDATE PUNKBUSTER IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES SPAWNING". I updated Punkbuster and I never had a problem with spawning. People need to learn to read.

howzz1854 said:

you're trying to tell me the launch of BF4 was butter smooth? it's one of the worst, and most bugged launch ever in modern gaming history. I guess you're the only person who thinks otherwise.

1 person liked this | St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

I'll still keep playing Online on Xbox's, but I'll definitely pick this up on PC one day so I can play the campaign in full prettiness.

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

In what part of my quote did I ever say anything about launch? Maybe it's not just Battlelog forum users that need to learn how to read.

howzz1854 said:

I was talking about polishing the game better before launching it, what were you talking about.

maybe you should learn how to express yourself better so people can understand you.

on second thought, never mind, don't care.

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

I think it will come to PC. I am sure for the most part console sales of game are mostly done now. Release it on PC. Even if 50 percent of the people steal it Rockstar will still make a chunk a money.

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Meh the hype is past me...

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

This is more true than anything I've read before, I've recently re-built my computer, re-installed BF4 and went into the practice area (so not on a server, no lag, no extra players, just you on a small island) so I could setup my controls again, to my amazement the first person shooter core mechanics are still broken! you can still damage the targets, leaves a mark, makes the noise, but doesn't kill them, Jesus they need to fix the hit system (core mechanics of an fps) before I'll sink any more hours into that game...

Anyway, GTA 5, on PC, is going to be boss, I've been playing it on PS3 and coming from playing, pretty much any game on PC to console is quite painful, the stutter and random pop-up is just distracting, plus when you drive along and the resolution dips even lower to try and keep up with rendering, the PC version is going to be boss. Very much looking forward to this, plus I can play online with all my friends rather than random kids with the microphone so close to their mouths they might as well be eating it...

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

You must be kidding right? Here is a YouTube video, It's a long video but god damn explains the big issues of BF4 very clearly with examples and everything:

[link]

They need to fix the core mechanics, BF3 started to lower the quality of a First Person Shooter with dodgy Mechanics but at least was passable, these in BF4 are just not acceptable, Very simple things like how often a players position is updated on the server is just utter rubbish in BF4, I have 150 odd hours on it and it's just so frustrating I haven't played any more in months, until it is fixed.

Because of these issues highlighted in the video linked, the only thing EA can do is re-release BF4 with everything fixed, I wouldn't be surprised to open Origin one day and find a massive 16gb update to BF4 which ultimately fixes the issues the game engine is having, basically a re-release, a BF4.1 kinda update.

It would explain why we haven't had Second Assault, Mantle or many updates this year. The last one (Jan 13th) essentially fixed a memory leak and was just a bunch of balancing for vehicles.

Rasta211 said:

I'm so happy and grateful that GTA V is coming to PC.

You obviously missed the point. After the "Major PC Update" EA/DICE didn't even know about the punkbuster problem until a day later. And it essentially broke the game that day. The "update punkbuster" notice on battlelog wasnt even posted yet as they didnt even know until people started complaining. So your "need to learn how to read" rant is invalid. If you could stop blindly supporting the franchise for 2 seconds, you would realize that this games roll out was horrific. It took months for them just to make it playable without crashes, sound loops/cut outs, etc. EA/Dice admitted it themselves and promised to make it up to everyone, why cant you admit it?

Gopal Bhat Gopal Bhat said:

Rockstar, just hurry up and release it already.

What's the point of all this smoke & mirrors?

mojorisin23 mojorisin23 said:

Only on Vista and 7? wouldnt they put it out for win 8 as well?

1 person liked this | JamManUK2000 JamManUK2000 said:

No he is saying he never had any problem spawning.

Neither have I....

1 person liked this | JamManUK2000 JamManUK2000 said:

Rockstar, just hurry up and release it already.

What's the point of all this smoke & mirrors?

They have to actually develop it?

Neither have I. 100+ hours played since launch.

theBest11778 theBest11778 said:

For everyone bashing BF4 on PC, note that I've played the game on X360, XBO, and I've found the PC version to be the MOST stable. The X360 had initial server issues, but was fixed within a week or so. The XBO version was pretty much broken. For PC, it seems you have to run BF4 in Windows 8/8.1. The game is butter smooth on my PC. There's the occasional server drop, but that happens in every game. I've run the game with an R9 290, GTX 780, and GTX 760. No issues with either graphics vendor. Since most people use Windows 7 still, I'm guessing that's the real problem.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

What? Please explain, because if your saying that Windows 7 is the issue, your just as deluded as everyone else...

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

I've ran the game on tri-sli gtx 680s and my current setup is dual R9 290x in crossfire. I haven't had any issues with either setup. Btw, I'm actually running windows 7 on my gaming pc. I have 8.1 on my laptop, and I just cannot get into it.

I feel bad for console users because back in the days when the game would crash, I could just "ctrl+alt+del" and terminate the game. I could be back in the server within 5 seconds (thank God for SSDs). Consoles, on the other hand, have to restart the console, start the game, load the server browser, find their previous server, join the server, wait 2-5 minutes because the hard drives are slow, then they're back into the game. I can see how console users were a bit more upset than PC users.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I have 8.1 on my laptop, and I just cannot get into it.

I'm pretty much in the same boat there, I had 8.1 on my work laptop and I just can't get into it, so my gaming machine stayed at Windows 7, I personally never had any issues with BF4 running on Windows 7 (GTX780) but guys I know swear the game is considerably smoother on Windows 8.1 I dunno, I don't really want to change in case it breaks any of my other games :/

They will fix BF4, I spent hundreds of hours in BF4 / BC2, I can't bare knowing a simple software upgrade would make it that much better xD

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said:

Basically, the only reason that I use 8.1 is because it came with my laptop. If I had a choice, I'd install 7 onto it in a heartbeat.

I keep up with the forums and monitor chatter about what problems people have, what the next patch will include, etc. and I frequently see posts by users saying that upgrading to 8.1 from windows 7 actually boosted stability and fps. Since I played last night for 4 hours with zero crashes and I'm averaging 65 fps on the highest settings (5960x1080 @ ultra settings), I have absolutely no incentive to upgrade to 8.1.

I remember BF3's release. It wasn't enjoyable for the first two months after release. People just need to give it time. I believe the reason that I don't crash is because I'm using AMD's new flagship GPUs. AMD most likely worked with DICE to ensure that the R9 series is optimized and stable for BF4.