Apple reportedly planning to ship iOS 7.1 in March

By on February 10, 2014, 3:30 PM
apple, ios, software update

There has been a lot of speculation regarding the launch date of Apple's iOS 7.1 recently. According to the latest report from 9to5mac, iOS 7.1, which is the first major update to iOS 7 since it was launched publicly last year, will be released to all iOS users next month.

As per the report, the new version is not expected to bring any "secret features". In fact, it is rumored that the new OS will have an improved Calendar app, some user interface tweaks in the Phone app, speed improvements, and numerous bug-fixes. MacRumors reports that iOS 7.1 betas have included a new event list view within the Calendar app, refined icons for the Phone, FaceTime, and Messages app, and more.

The update would most likely fix the "White/Black screen of death", a bug which randomly reboots the iOS device and has been around since September.

Apple has already released a total of five Beta builds to developers. The fifth version has in fact just arrived, and it is being said that the Cupertino-based company might not release any further beta versions now. This, coupled with the fact that Apple has held events in March in the past, makes a next-month release sound pretty realistic.

It is also being rumored that the next-generation Apple TV could be announced in March.

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

Whoa, that 2nd picture. I really don't think official Apple docs would be that potentially-disrespectful, which makes me doubt the authenticity of anything shown.

Darth Shiv Darth Shiv said:

Yeah that definitely caught the eye! What the ....?!?

JC713 JC713 said:

Cant wait... 7.0.5 is so buggy and my battery life is horrendous.

My ipad3 hasnt rebooted at all

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

I don't know what all the fuss is about, I haven't had a single problem with iOS 7, in fact I've never had any problems with any iOS ever but that could possibly be attributed to the fact I've don't own/use any Apple products. :p

2 people like this | TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

Spoiler alert: Steve Jobs won't pick up

Jim$ter said:

Have no problems but the calender app does blow. Hopefully this one is usable.