Messenger 6.0 final download

By on July 16, 2003, 2:28 PM
Spotted on Neowin that Microsoft has released the final version of the Messenger 6.0 client. If you use MSN a lot you might want to give this new version a shot, definitely should upgrade if you are running a beta version, too.

Update: Microsoft has included ads in this final build of Messenger, I'm mentioning this as I'm sure some of you won't like it at all.

XtR-X said:
Stick with Windows Messenger. This one has ads.
TS | Julio said:
Thanks for the note, I'm adding that to the news post... I use Trillian instead, so ;).
iss said:
I like the new messenger and it wont be long before someone posts a program to kill the ads.
DigitAlex said:
the only really interesting improvements concern pictures and webcam integration and custom emoticons and backdgounds that's about all the new cool stuff
TS | Julio said:
Two sites I recommend (although like I previously said, I don't use messenger anymore):[url]www.msgplus.net[/url] & [url]www.mess.be[/url]
cromrell said:
I downloaded MSN 6.0 this morning.one additional feature is the ability to auto-save your chats.I use chat quite a bit at work, chatting with clients, etc.I know I'm always hitting ESC and loosing chat history.So this feature far out-weighs the adds (similar to AIM) in my humble opinion.Chris
TS | Julio said:
Chat logs feature are a must-have that un-modded Messenger users couldn't enjoy until now.Unofficial mod, Messenger Plus, has offered that for a long time now, and if you are using more than one IM program I would have to recommend Trillian, although there are many other similar programs out there, Miranda is a popular one @ Sourceforge, haven't tried it but is gaining popularity and it's open source, of course: [url]http://www.miranda-im.org/[/url]
cromrell said:
Just downloaded Miranda... very niceconsolidates my MSN & AIM... has lots of flexility in skin, etc...C
young&wild said:
I didn't know that people nowadays use msn to chat with clients.
iss said:
The Ad killer patch for MSN Messenger 6 is out you can get it at.[url]http://www.osbetas.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=9
[/url]