Nintendo is hitting the road this summer on a 12-city tour across the US, giving fans from around the country the opportunity to play some of the company’s latest hits and classic titles.
At each stop, visitors can play games like Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Yoshi’s New Island and Kirby: Planet Robobot on Nintendo’s 3DS. In addition to the games, there will also be contests to enter with prizes and plenty of photo opportunities alongside classic Nintendo props like Super Mario Bros. flagpoles and warp pipes as well as a Spiny Shell from Mario Kart 7.
Nintendo encourages parents to bring their kids to share the “magic of the Nintendo world” that shaped their childhood.
The 12-stop kid-friendly tour, inspired by the Play Nintendo website, will visit malls and other locations from June 17 through September 5. The full Play Nintendo Tour schedule is as follows:
- June 17-19: Westfield Culver City – Los Angeles
- June 24-26: Arrowhead Towne Center – Glendale, Arizona
- July 1-3: FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, Colorado
- July 8-10: Mall of America® – Bloomington, Minnesota
- July 15-17: Bite of Seattle – Seattle
- July 21-24: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina – San Diego
- July 29-31: Memorial City Mall – Houston
- Aug. 5-7: Woodfield Mall – Schaumburg, Illinois
- Aug. 12-14: Roosevelt Field – Garden City, New York
- Aug. 19-21: South Shore Plaza – Braintree, Massachusetts
- Aug. 26-28: Tysons Corner Center – Tysons Corner, Virginia
- Sept. 2-5: North Point Mall – Alpharetta, Georgia
Anyone hoping to catch a glimpse of Nintendo's next-generation system, codenamed NX, will be sorely disappointed. Nintendo recently revealed that the console would be released globally in March 2017 but won't be on display at E3 later this month.