Benchmarks: Memory Performance
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz ~ 3.66GHz) LGA775
- Crucial 2GB DDR2 (10th Anniversary) TY2KIT12864AA663
- OCZ 2GB DDR2 Gold PC2-8800
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (SP2)
- ATI Catalyst 6.11
- Intel System Drivers 7.2.2
Overclocking the FlexXLC memory to 1170MHz produced a memory bandwidth of 7.76GB/s, with the Core 2 Duo E6700 operating at 3.12GHz.
The Crucial 10th Anniversary memory was just 160MB/s slower, clocked at 1140MHz using a 380MHz FSB with the processor clocked at 3.04GHz. This tiny bandwidth increase will most likely have no impact on real-world performance, though the additional 80MHz processor frequency should provide the FlexXLC configuration with a slight performance edge.
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.