Test System Specs & CINEBENCH
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 (3.00GHz) LGA775
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (3.00GHz) LGA775
- AMD Phenom X4 9500 (2.30GHz) AM2+
- AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ (2.60GHz) AM2
- x2 1024MB Corsair XMS PC2-6400 CAS4 Module(s)
- ASUS P5E3 Deluxe (Intel X38)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware (169.21)
- Intel System Drivers (8.4.0)
The CINEBENCH v10 results show the ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe running the Phenom 9500 does deliver reasonable performance gains over the older Athlon64 X2 5200+, as it was 84% faster in the multi-CPU rendering test. Impressively this made the Phenom 9500 just 3.5% slower than the Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor, while the Core 2 Extreme QX6850 was 42% faster.
When it came to the OpenGL rendering test the Phenom 9500 was 12% faster than the older Athlon64 X2 5200+, though we were quite shocked to find that the Phenom 9500 was 29% slower than the Core 2 Quad Q6600.