KV8 PRO MOBO will not recognise WD SATA 1600 harddrive at boot up or in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to install the WD SATA 1600 HDD with an Athlon 64 3000+ Processor on an ABIT KV8B PRO motherboard. The start up sequence goes.

1. Enters the WD SATA BIOS screen via TAB which will not allow me to edit?
2. Enter the MoBO standard BIOS screen and activated SATA/RAID "on Chip"
3. Windows starts to boot up..."I look Happy" :hotbounce
2. Press F6 and load the very latest Driver (think it is the VIA chipset driver on the ABIT KV8 PRO) that I have downloaded from ABIT.( Also tried the floppy drivers)
3. Windows continues to Load and goes to setup screen.
4. At this point it stops and says "Cannot access the WD1600 drive?)..."I look sad and bang my head against the Wall again" :confused:

If you know of any ideas please let me know. ?

..Have checked the Western Digital Website and it suggest I load the Drivers after hitting F6.........

asus k8v se deluxe sata HDD - xp cannot copy viasraid drivers

asus k8v se deluxe sata HDD - xp cannot copy viasraid drivers

Hi

I have a solution to this problem. This is for a solitary SATA drive installation (No ATA drive present).
1) HD cable needs to be plugged into the SATA1 socket + In Bios On chip sata boot rom enabled.
2) You need to incorporate the VIA SerialATA drivers into WinXP I386 folder, and then re-burn the XP installation

CD.(Slipstream). Download a file or two from this source: (GDragoN post)

Google: SlipVIASata.rar to obtain the files.

add few lines from Info.txt and copy sys_ files in I386 folder.

3) Copy ypur XP disc to drive C. Create folder and name it XP. Copy all the files over.
4) Find the following files in C:\XP and copy/paste the following four sections of code into TXTSETUP.SIF and SAVE.
---------------------------------------------------
Edit: TXTSETUP.SIF
Add in following sections.
[SourceDisksFiles]
viapdsk.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
viasraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149 = "viasraid"
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_4149 = "viapdsk"

[SCSI.load]
viasraid = viasraid.sys,4
viapdsk = viapdsk.sys,4

[SCSI]
viapdsk = "VIA ATA/ATAPI Host Controller"
viasraid = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller"
Copy: *.sy_ to I386 folder
Milan Petrovic
5) Copy the 2 sy_ files to I386 folder

6) Create the bootable CD (credit to: Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society/Slipstreaming with Windows XP Service Pack 2):
Google the above for the original version of this plus screenshots.

Get a copy of Isobuster.
Use ISO Buster to extract the boot loader from the original Windows XP CD:

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM drive.
Start ISO Buster. It should automatically open the CD.
Click on: Bootable CD

Right-click on: Microsoft Corporation.img. A menu will pop up.
Select Extract Microsoft Corporation.img.
Extract Microsoft Corporation.img to the folder on the hard drive where the Windows XP files are stored. (e.g. C:\XP)

7) Start Nero Burning ROM

Select CD from the drop-down box in the New Compilation window if it is not already selected.
Select: CD-ROM (Boot) in the New Compilation window. (Scroll down the list).

Click on the Boot tab.
Select Image file
Use the BROWSE button to locate the Microsoft Corporation.img file. (e.g. C:\XPHOMECD)
Enable Expert Settings.
Select: No Emulation.
Change the Number of loaded sectors to 4

Under the iso tab select (tick) everything.
File name lenght=Max of 31 chars
Format Mode1
Character set Iso 9660

Click on the Volume Label tab.
The Volume Label should be the same as the original Windows XP CD.(e.g. WXHCCP_EN for Windows XP Home Edition)

Click the New button.
In the File Browser select all files (and folders) from the folder that contains the slipstreamed XP files.(e.g.

C:\XPHOMECD).
Drag these files and folders and and drop them into the ISO1 window.
Insert the blank CD-R into the CD-burner.
Make sure the correct burner is selected. The name/model number of the burner should been shown where "Image Recorder" is

shown in the screenshot.

If the drop box contains "Image Recorder" then click it and select the name of the burner. If "Image Recorder" is the only

choice then there is no burner available.
Click on Recorder on the menu bar.

Select Burn Compilation.

The following options should be automatically selected: Write, Finalize CD (No further writing possible!), Disc-at-once. If

they are not selected, select them now. Buffer underrun protection will only be selected if the burner supports it.
Click the Burn button.
"Burn time" depends on the speed selected. Suggested speed range: 12X to 20X. The CD can be burn at faster speeds (if the

burner supports it) but it may suffer reliability problems if burned at speeds above 20X.

Nero may throttle the speed of the burner regardless of the speed selected by the user. e.g. user selects 16X burn speed but

nero burns at 8X.

[ Back to Top of page ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test the final CD:
Quick test:

Insert the slipstreamed CD into the CD-ROM drive/burner. If "Autorun" is enabled, the "Microsoft Windows XP" welcome screen

should pop up.

7) Boot your new system with the new CD. Ignore the press f6 option.

Sorry to be so long-winded but this worked a treat for me. Big thanks to all the people who i have given credit to.

Ian Clegg
:giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back