System Checkup: CiD Popup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Orannis117

I have recently been having a problem with a popup form CiD that occurs in many forums. I followed the directions most people stated and I used a HJT tutorial website that checked my report, which lead to me removin some bad entries. This however is my finished reports.

PS: Is there a way of actually deleting Past Items in the Notification Bar, or can you only make them hide.

Note: I posted them because the attacment window wouldn't load.

Any help would be much aprreciated.

For info purposes, I have Windows XP.

I have NOD32, Spybot, AVG, Ad-Aware, HJT and CCleaner

Sorry for teh above 2 posts, the attachment file wasn't working, they can be delted now, because I have all the attachments done.

Attachments

• hijackthis3.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Report-Scan-20070305-234230.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 8
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a fresh renamed HJT log. It`s important to rename HijackThis.exe as some malware can hide from that filename.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Orannis117 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Okay, I thought I already renamed it, but I must have reamed the wrong thing. Hereis the new HJT file.

Attachments

• Analyze.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 5
You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

free download.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bone team] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\CLOCKP~1\free download.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\CLOCKP~1<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Orannis117 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Okay, I ran all the stuff like you sayed. Listed below is the file for the log. Thx for your help.

Your HJT log is clean.

Providing you`re not having any problems, you should be good to go.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Thx for the help, it seems to be fine for now, it may return latter on but hasn't happened yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back