Why howard is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`d like to say a very big thankyou to all you guys for your fantastic support, it really is very much appreciated.

I`m told by my doctors that I will recover given time, but just how long that`s going to be is anyones guess. Life has taken on a completely different meaning for me at the moment and every day is a struggle just to try and find some kind of normality. This maybe one of the biggest battles I`ve ever had to face, but I`ll try my damnedest to overcome this malaise that has overcome me.

I have for reasons I won`t go into, tried to help a couple of folks out in the S&W forum, under the username of baros1954. I don`t expect this to occur too often as I`m really not up to it at present.

Whether I`ll ever come back to TS in any real capacity I don`t know. I`d like to think that one day it may be possible.

Again, I`d like to apologise to everyone for all the inconvenience I caused when I went nuts. I assure you it was never anything personal against any TS members/staff/mods. I`d especially like to say sorry to Julio for all the work I`ve caused him.

It has been a great honour and privilege to have known and interacted with so many outstanding individuals here on TS.

I`d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry X-Mas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Regards Howard :)

Howard, be well, take your time to heal and come back.....both for the help you give others and for the enjoyment that you obviously received here for if it wasn't that, then you wouldn't have been helping others.

And just a quick thanks for being here.....your presence has inspired many of us.

Get well soon Howard, you'll always have a home and friends to talk to here on TS. Thank you for all of your help and guidance. Happy Holidays to you.

Howard, pliz take all the time u need, we can handle, how do u know whether u will worsen it, we will pray for u, and am very sure u will be ok.God is your father, always there whenever u need him.
I wish u a nice recovery.

God Bless u
Robin

I`d like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry X-Mas and a happy and prosperous new year.

A very Merry Christmas & a Prosperous New Year, Howard!.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

i have no doubt that this board would not have been the success it was without the presence of Howard.I'm really impressed with his skills.

To Howard:

Please know also that you are valuable in God's sight and have been a
blessing to many people around you.

we,here in TS are confident that you will soon make a complete recovery
and return to your friends in TS to join the world again as a healthy and
productive person.

You may not know everyone here as close friends, but
I think that what you're getting through right now affected everyone quite a lot.

Hoping that one day,you will wake up and be all better.....a speedy recovery mate.

all the best for you Howard......

turbo1

The post count has been addressed in the Feedback forum.

Regarding his title. Howard is no longer a moderator of the boards. And mods are given that special title. Howard is still a regular member, but not a mod. No worries there mate.

Daveskater; Howard has lost ca 100 posts because he deleted those, he hinted at that in his post above...

Some of the more popular posts have been recreated by Julio from a backup server I run, also mentioned by you in a previs post :D

I did see that he deleted a load of stickies but his post count was still over 26k with them gone. I think it could be to do with the thread that poertner_1274 said about, which is here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic94429.html

I just noticed, even Julio's post count has gone down to below the 4k mark, which it was above yesterday.

what on earth has happened. He was fine like 3 weeks ago, whats happened in between. No one to look at my hjt now :(

Hes been a legend of the higest calibre. thanks so much man, you will be missed. I have no idea whats happened.

If you read the first post in this thread you can see what happened and when. It was a couple of days before this thread was started.

Howard had 26,433 posts before the "incident"

Julio just informed me that allot of members have lost posts, myself too maybe? I don't care tho :D (ok, I had 1652 posts before)
Anyway, if you have been a member long enough to remember the Jawbreaker forum we used back then you will have a clue as to what happened...
We recently ran a forum maintaince thing which reset the post counters to actual posts in the forums, so reason I lost about 500 posts for example is because I made those on our old forum
I think Julio is looking into a permanent fix for this problem which always occur when we want to do a database upgrade

Please direct post count discussion to this thread. Howard deleted several of his own threads, and that is the cause of some of his losses. Other losses on his post count were from posts in the old News forum. I forget when the old format for news ended, but chances are if you have been with the site less than 2 years you weren't affected.

It is in these times that we have to remember Howard for the great person he was. Although I am upset that we had to see him leave; especially as abruptly as he did, I do hope he feels better as soon as possible. He was a great guy, and a great security helper as well :) .

poertner_1274 said:
The post count has been addressed in the Feedback forum.

Regarding his title. Howard is no longer a moderator of the boards. And mods are given that special title. Howard is still a regular member, but not a mod. No worries there mate.
So Howard is a human then? What is going on. it seems as if the TS SPECIAL FORCES are losing their post counts.

As has been said in earlier posts, try to keep the post count discussion for another thread.

I am also one of those Howard helped in a very personal manner to solve a problem, leaving me with a huge appreciation for him, an admiration for his technical skills, and a fervent wish for his early recovery.

May I remind him that statistics say as many as one-in-three people suffer some similar problem at some time in their lives, and virtually all make a full recovery.

Howard, you are not alone, and are certainly far better surrounded with friends anxious to help than many....

Howard was the first person that ever wrote to me back when i first started.
Since then its like..... i clicked anywhere and BAM!! there was howard always
taking the first step when it comes to helping others.

It kills me that.. This is the first problem that howard has ever shown me and ... there is nothing i can do to help him.

All i can do is wish you well....

Get well soon.

Show the gods that you
are here to stay , and that
you are not going anywhere
anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back