PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Ntfs.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

colraw

Hi there,

Recently i bought a new 1024mb RAM, in addition to my 2x 512mb RAM. When i plugged it in, the computer booted up as usual, then at the time where loginscreen usually appears, there was a bluescreen saying:

Code:
The problem seems to have been caused by the following file: Ntfs.sys

blablabla (youknow :D)

Code:
****  STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE1715000, 0x00000000, 0xF73E6A8C, 0x00000001)
****  Ntfs.sys - Address F73E6A8C base at 7397000, datestamp 45cc56a7

I got confused and turned computer off, pluggin out powercord and taking out the RAM i just put in, so now theres only 2x 512mb RAM. I booted up again but same problem, bluescreen saying what coded above :).

I've tried everything (atleast i think :p); booting up in safemode, with/without network, WINXP Repair, different RAM slots, different amount of RAM (512mb - 3Gb), different BIOS settings etc, etc. Nothing works, but when i booted off a Knoppix Live CD, everything works, so theres something wierd with Windows, and not my RAM :).

The RAM also works on other PCs i've tried them on.

From looking on other posts i've noticed that you want screendumps, but, I'm afraid I can't give you any, since i can't start my computer in any way...

CPU: 2000+ AMD Athlon
RAM: 2x512mb (used to work)
Motherboard: AD77 Infinity Pro, from DFI
Harddrive: 300Gb SATA-disk, using HighPoint as booting (windows is installed on this drive)

Thanks in advance;
Colraw

yeah thanks, but i have followed all steps; its the same brand/speed and such, it have worked beforeand the RAMs work on other comps, so theyr not damaged.

5.If your system still won't boot up, check your other computer connections internally with the power off. You may have bumped or jostled another component accidentally.

well it says ntfs.sys, meaning my filesystem is corrupt? how could it get corrupt after i switched RAM?

run crap cleaner registry repair.... that might help.

bad/failing/incorrect ram can cause all types of errors.

RAM may not work on different types of computer motherboards. Some motherboards are quite particular.

Tedster said:
run crap cleaner registry repair.... that might help.

bad/failing/incorrect ram can cause all types of errors.

RAM may not work on different types of computer motherboards. Some motherboards are quite particular.

crapcleaner registry repair, with booting from livecd or floppy? since i cant start my comp in any other way...

and its not the ram that is failing, ive tried them all out on my brothers PC, he got exatcly the same motherboard as me

okey, tried out Ultimate Boot CD for Windows 4, working out nicely if i dont install drivers for my SATA disk, where the windows install directory is...

so i dont have much use of UBCD4 other then writing this message >P

anyone know something about this problem? any help would be appriciated!

bump! :p

i were able to access my windows installation with UBCD4 using DOS for NTFS, only in commandprompt though, but im still able to access it, so much is still possible. Noone know anything about what i can do?

EDIT: Adding 4 dumps

Solution

You can also copy the following hyperlink and paste it in the Address bar for a more verbose description of the Web site URL.
jog100.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back