Computer restarts and freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have vista installed on my computer,will restart and freeze,and then sometime it will just run ok.one thing i do notice is that i have 4 gig memory,but only shows 3 gigs why?is this a memory problem?any help will be great thanks...

I can explain some things and see about the startup issue

Go to {Start} {RUN} type in DXDIAG

save the log file and attach it here

It only show's 3GB because that's all a 32 bit operating system can address.

We need the specifications of your computer to be able to help you properly. Perhaps put them into your profile so everyone can see them for the future.

The OLD 3GB limit is not true any more there is a switch also but i won't post it here because it takes some expertise to use it.

I can explain some things and see about the startup issue

Go to {Start} {RUN} type in DXDIAG

save the log file and attach it here

about the memory

in windows XP 32 BIT when you have more than 3 gigs of memory, it will only see 3 gigs, So if you have 4 it will read only 3 gigs. I am nor shure about the vista,

32 bit Vista with SP 1 will SEE the 4GB, but will reserve a minimum 512MB RAM for PCI. It depends on your system and graphics card, some will take more, giving you only 3 or 3.25 GB of usable memory.

i have done a memory test and came out ok,did anyone read my text file on the diag.when the computer warmed up and after i downloaded flashplayer it has ran great all day,i,thank you for all the help but i will see tomorow..i will let you know eather way...

Does it ever give you a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)? If so, we might be able to find the problem if you upload your minidumps.

If possible, navigate to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder and upload some of the more recent .dmp files in there.

It only shows 3 gigs(happens to me too) because vista itself takes up a gig. Or atlease thats what im told. I have a x64 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back