Laptop sales top out desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

CNN states that laptop sales have finally clinched the top spot in retail computer sales with nearly 54% of the market.

I guess with mobile technology on the rise, now is as good a time as any to buy a laptop.

I had one got rid of it I prefer desktops. but then I dont have any business use for a laptop and for personal use I would rather have a computer I can work on and upgrade which pretty much leaves out laptops.

What I would be interested to see is if this increase in laptop sales had had an impact on the hand held pc/palm sales. I've been caught between several worlds of Personal computing devices.

A laptop and Ericsson T68 work for me, but if I didn't have a laptop supplied by my work I might consider a 3rd generation mobile with pocketpc functionality. I'm not sure. But I know that a lot of my friends who work in computing now work on laptops just incase they have to travel for work. Seems to be a more common practice nowadays.

I have always wanted a laptop, would be so much easier to get real work done on my desk, right now my monitor and keyboard take up so much space I have to do my real work somewhere else. But the cost keeps me away.

I have a PDA as well but haven't used it in over a year, I feel bad to cause my parents got it for me as a gift and it was an expensive one back when I got it.

Maybe, with smaller processors and hard drives on the way, all PCs will be laptops that fit into docking stations.....

??

Thats possible P66. For instance cellphones in the past, they are really big, current models are much more smaller and contains more features. Miniaturization is the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back