BSOD Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talisker0898

Newly created machine. Vista 64 Ultimate. I tried to install the latest Nvidia Drivers but afterwards my computer boots but I have a blank black screen so I am ising drivers from a month ago. I ran memchk through 12 passes and got no errors. I am at a loss and I appreciate any help.

I ran it for an entire day through about 12 passes. It hit 8 passes and seemed to start over and so I did 4 more. I will run it again. The reasons for the blue screen are not always the same (according to the bluescreen itself) I iwll add a few more dumps.

Thank you!

Can be related to old drivers -> Please update all your Motherboar/computer drivers online
Can be related to Video Card -> if you have an addon video card
Can be related to Spyware -> see here

Also please put your System Specs information in your Profile

Inside the 5 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 1A, {8884, fffffa8000fff1b0, fffffa8000fffff0, 605}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BugCheck 4E, {99, 55556, 0, 11a48f}

BugCheck 1A, {8885, fffffa8001000530, fffffa8000fffff0, 605}

BugCheck 1A, {8884, fffffa8000fffed0, fffffa8001000080, 605}

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800026858e9}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRestoreTransitionPte+c1 )

I will look, but i believe my MB is up to date.

My Video Card drivers are a few months old. The newest ones (175) cause my vista to stop loading. I am using ones from December (169). When I first built the machine i spent an entire day getting the video card to work. 175 didn;t work for what ever reason. 169 worked after I let windows install if (rather than use the installshield program)

I don't imagine it is spyware, since that has been happening from day 1 on a clean install.

Thank you!

Edit: SPecs added to my profile. Hope it helps.

Memory Corruption is normally cited when Incompatible Software or Faulty Device Drivers are found by the system.

I will continue to post the MiniDump text as kimsland has to help with this

Inside MiniDumps
BugCheck 10E, {2, 1, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGPROCESS::Destroy+367 )

BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa80010077f0, fffffa8001000020, 605}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+9078 )

BugCheck 1A, {8884, fffffa8000fff690, fffffa8001000050, 405}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+a2 )

BugCheck 4A, {753d3917, 2, 0, fffffa60097c2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+209 )

The First 1 in this is significant to helping now I feel, the 0x10E error description cites Video Memory Management (Text Below).

VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL (10e)
The video memory manager encountered a condition that it can't recover from. By crashing,
the video memory manager is attempting to get enough information into the minidump such that
somebody can pinpoint what lead to this condition.

May I suggest you update DirectX and also remove the Graphics Card Drivers using Driver Clean Pro and install the Drivers fresh, since you are having problems with those 175 drivers have you tried 174, assuming the Drivers are in a sequence of Numbers. Those other 2 are Kernel Drivers so the Video Drivers or DirectX are corrupting them meaning that is probably why the Memory Corruption is appearing in a lot of the MiniDumps.

Driver Clean Pro - http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=745&file=7&evp=54e6f91e495111338e2171476965c5ed

Oh also 3 of those MiniDumps cite WOW was running at the time of the Crashes, I'm guessing this maybe why it is Crashing with DirectX

Inside the 4 MiniDumps: (Re-confirmed, because I didn't see woody1191's post !)
BugCheck 10E, {2, 1, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys

BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa80010077f0, fffffa8001000020, 605}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe

BugCheck 1A, {8884, fffffa8000fff690, fffffa8001000050, 405}

BugCheck 4A, {753d3917, 2, 0, fffffa60097c2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe

3 of the MiniDumps were caused by Wow.exe
wow.exe is a process which belongs to the World of Warcraft computer game

WOW seems to be the most single game that many users have issues with
The Wow forum is just full of users complaining
In almost all of the remedies, users were told to purchase a more compatible Video Card

Oh, and no more MiniDumps, I'm sick of them!

Yeah no more MiniDumps are needed at this point the cause is centered around the Graphics of the System.

I looked at what cards are recommended for WOW and it seems 8800GT is 1 of them, but Blizzard Support suggest you have to keep your Graphics Card Drivers upto date and various other Drivers listed on the link below.

Blizzard Support Page - http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21085

Just out of interest did WOW work before you tried these updates?

So as instructed I just completed two days (7+ passes each test) of passes. Both memory sticks individually and then with both. No Errors.

You guys are amazing, thank you for helping me narrow it down!

Sorry for all the minidumps, I was justing hoping that you would see a common thread that would narrow the search.

WoW does crash the computer, but it has crashed when writing email, viewing forums and once writing this reply, all while WoW was not active.

I will try to get new drivers installed, but there are no drivers between 175 (which doesn't work) and 169 (which does). I will head over to Nvidia and Asus and see what i can dig up.

TO answer your question, Woody, This was a freshly built computer with this VC so I didn't have previous issues. And WoW works just fine most of the time. I generally only crash while loading the game. Once it is loaded it will be stable for hours. The crashes are sporatic with no discernable pattern.

So I should be:

1. Making sure I update DirectX
  2. Load the most current video card drivers (wish me luck here.)
  3. Ensure that other drivers recommended by Blizzard are up to date as well.

Anything else I am missing? Is there perhaps a BIOs setting that I am missing?

Thanks to both of you! You have gone above and beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back