Access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

duomaxwell

Hello everyone

My hard drive died and so i replaced it with no problems because i thought i had a good back up from the windows back up utility. Unfortunately it messed up my new windows installation. I reinstalled windows again and now i am trying to pull a few files I need. I successfully pulled a lot of the files i needed. However, there are some that when i try anything to them i get access is denied. I am administrator and the files never were encrypted or anything like that. I've also tried safe mode and deleting them in command prompt. not sure what else to try. any helpful advice would be most appreciated.

PS the files i'm talking about are word, exel and jpg files. although i've noticed that some other files like .ocx, .exe. and .awd are also in the same condition. I just want to delete those files though.

I think this will do the trick. I noticed that i pulled the permissions down along with the files. i'm going to try, and pull down the files without permissions. It might take me a few min. before i post again. thank you for your help lookinaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back