Video Card upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell310!

I have a Dell E310 but I'm tried of the crappy intregrated graphics and I don't want highly priced PCI cards.

Whats the cheapest way I can replace my motherboard(maybe a dual core processor?) power supply+ ram and it will all fit nicely in my case. I am not worrying about the graphics card as long as i have the option for a Pci x16 card I can put in later.

Try this build instead:
Slightly over your budget but a better performing alternative to Tmagic650's proposed build, although I admit that his build gives you the option of upgrading to a Core 2 Duo later. Feel free to mix and match between both, but I recommend the FSP PSU over that particular Antec model, since the latter is basically (pun unintended) B-stock.

Ah yes, excellent point godson, I missed that. The position I\O connectors and add-in card slots on a BTX motherboard is the opposite of that on an ATX motherboard, so you can physically fit an ATX motherboard in a BTX case and vice-versa.

@Dell310!, better increase your budget a little to include a new case. Alternatively, try looking on eBay for an appropriate BTX motherboard.

These are micro ATX boards... you might miss a PCI slot but they should fit... Like I originally said "have someone build you a computer"... With the addition of a case you would be looking at under $300 minus labor charges from a friend. I could build a similar barebones system plus labor for $400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back