Unknown identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alster37

i have a decent dell pc and i want to upgrade soon. to do so i need to know wheather my case is atx and if my motherboard is atx.
not sure on pc model but motherboard is nec computers international model: GA-8i915MPD.
plz help me

no luck cant find service tag on label tried all numbers and none are right. also tried identifying system by part no of motherboard still not right.
any other suggestions:(?

in desktop there is a infocentre which i hadnt noticed and it told me specs of my computer

so which cases can i buy?

I don't get involved with Sales on new cases
Only technical issues and stuff like that.
I hope someone will reply to you on what case is suited for your Motherboard

I hope you're not putting a foreign Motherboard in a Dell case though
As I can't work out from post #1 how or what you are upgading. The whole computer ?

no it says it is a Packard bell motherboard and after moving parts to new case (still dont know which one) i will probably upgrade ram 1gb to 4gb and geforce 8600gt to a radeon 4850
cpu: not too sure
motherboard: later on

just fyi... if you should need/want/or just curious about all hardware component/system resource details on your computer try System Information Viewer (SIV)

It's organized and is excellent at "drilling down" into your system to provide detail (much better then most other system tools). But SIV has its drawbacks. Depending on the extent of one's familiarity with computer's SIV can provide too much/too detailed data. )

Just fyi...use whatever tool works best for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back