Earthlink uniinstall nightmare 2 - Earthlink Task Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem:

Whenever I access the Internet, i get error messages looking for rhe Earthlink Task Panel, It does not find it and dumps the computer into the Earthlink Task Panel Installer.

My question:

I am sure it is a registry entry somewhere but I can not locate it. Can anyone let me know what the heck it is I need to shut off.

Sample EarthLink errors:

error 11706 Product: TaskPanel -- Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product TaskPanel. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

error 11729 Product: TaskPanel -- Configuration failed.

error 1004 Detection of product '{ACF2AD4B-9374-4B72-B79B-A743CD41F2A4}', feature 'TAR', component '{E39A4E4A-7441-45A8-AD42-231EE5F08892}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\Devices.dll' does not exist.

error 1001 Detection of product '{ACF2AD4B-9374-4B72-B79B-A743CD41F2A4}', feature 'TAR' failed during request for component '{D2D7B4BF-6CCA-11D5-8B3F-00105A9846E9}'

Background:

My sister switched from Earthlink to Comcast and ran into trouble uninstalling Earthlink fully. Earthlink apparently deletes the base program and leaves behind both Earthlink Popup Blocker and Earthlink Task Panel. Through 100 hoops so far I have successfully gotten rid of the Popup Blocker but am stuck ridding her of the task panel errors.

What I have done so far to uninstall EarthLink

I did the Earthlink uninstall first.
I deleted every earthlink folder on the computer (a dozen of them).
I cleaned all of the Earthlink registry entries I could find under Earthlink, ELS, etc.
I checked all of the start up programs in msconfig and eliminated all Task Manager bad entities.
I ran a complete disc scan and finally defragged.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Data

What registry cleaners have you tried using? You could try reinstalling the Earthlink software and uninstalling it again

I cleaned the Earthlink registry entries manually with success in getting rid of theiir pop up blocker. No reg cleqner as they all want my money or install other crap on my computer.

Reinstalling earthlink is not an option. It sucks and leaves this baggage behind.

I am looking for answers from anyone who can indicate what the earthlink task panel registry entries are so I that I can delete them manually. They are not under earthlink, els, or elk as the pop up items were

thx. i still would like to know what the earthlink task panel code letters are for their registry entries. I do a lot of IT work and expect this will come up again as a lot of people are leaving earthlink up here. I also noticed about 1,000 posts about that earthlink pop up blocker. They are a menace like aol.

"They are a menace like aol"
the cure for this is a format and a fresh OS reinstall, if you are willing to do this. Run the 8-step virus & Malware removal instructions. I think you will be surprized at what you find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back