Bonjour missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalba

I'm trying to install the latest version of Itunes, but i'm running into an issue where it tells me that it can't delete the older version of Bonjour.
Tried uninstalling it from the "add/remove programs" area, but it can't find the bonjour.msi program.
The Bonjour folder is no longer within the program files folder, and i did a search - with no results.
Extracted the bonjour.msi from the itunes installation package to see if i cud bypass, with no results.
Can anybody help me get rid of this issue PLEASE!!!!???

reinstall the existing application over top of what you already have to replace the missing files then run the uninstall

tried to install a newer version of Bonjour, and got the following error as per attachment:-

The problem might happen if the Bonjour uninstaller didn't do a good job of "cleaning up" after itself when attempting an uninstall. I think best approach is to use Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility .
> Run it and select Bonjour
> The tool will cleanup the Windows registry and remove any references to Bonjour.

The tool will cleanup the registry (but not remove any old Bonjour files still on disk). Should hopefully put you in a position where you can now do a clean/fresh Bonjour install.

/* edit */
To be supersafe, it is prudent to do stuff like backups etc. before attempting the fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back