NTLDR is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE99

I have been having trouble with my computer which you can read about on this in this thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic141685.html But now i am getting NTLDR is missing when i load up my computer. I have found one fix for this from this website http://www.tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm and when i use it windows loads fine with all my settings. However the only way this works is when i use the boot disc i made from the website so it only seems to be a temporary patch. Anyone have any other experience with this?

I think i might have found out why it is not booting after the fix i mentioned above. For some reason in "Disk Management" one of my data drives is set as active instead of my C: drive. Does anyone know how to change this back to my C: drive?

Hi Ace,
I don't think there is a way to change the drive letter of an active or system partition.
I stand to be corrected but I'm guessing re-install of OS,

As I understand it Ace99 wants to change which partition is marked as "active" (rather then changing the drive letter)

I know you can use EASUS Parition Manager to change your active partition. Rt click the partition you want, select Advanced->Set Active and reboot. (Note only System Partitions can be marked "active")

/* edit */
System Partition = Primary Partition

I have given in and decided to do a full system reinstall which is sure to work. Thanks for all your help.

Well i did a full OS reinstall and it all works fine now, such a simple but tedious task!!!
Thanks for all your help

Glad you got it working again.... Now is also a good time to consider the merits of investing (about $50USD) in a product that backs up the hard drive image as well as your files and folders. (e.g. I use Acronis True Image)

In a situation like this you only need
> Connect your backup drive
> Boot from the Acronis Rescue CD
> A few simple mouse clicks and walk away
About 20-30 mins later your hard drive image is fully restored to your last backup and system running :)

And of course you can also use it to do select file/folder recovery as well when you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back