Blue screen with IRQL error message

secretassasin69

My main PC (check specs) is giving an error message when windows is started normally the error message reads something like:
'IRQL is not equal or less'

Then it reboots. At the moment I can only run this PC in Safe mode with Networking, my OS is Vista. So far I think it is some sort of registry problem but I'm not too sure.Or maybe something to do with a drover.

Please Help!

I just ran RegDefense by xionix and it fixed all the Registry Errors. It worked fine yesterday but today a blue screen wit Error code 0x000000007 it then reboots. It still only works in Safe Mode with networking.

There is another blue screen with the following error code error code 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x87e4508f, 0x91de1b00, 0x0000000).

And there is another too 0x000000e4 (0x00000001, 0x91d9bcec, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I read an article that says that these ***STOP errors are dumped to a specific location and so that's why i have attached those.

The 0x4E is probably the single strongest error code indication corrupted memory. Therefore, for diagnostic purposes you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

thank you so much, but i think i already ran a memory test with a windows feature at boot up and that displayed that the memory was fine. Also do you think the IRQL message may indicate a virus virus because that's what a family friend of ours has said and he's currently trying to fix it

Thank you for your help.

Go ahead and run memtest anyway as per instructions.

Like corrupted memory, viruses can cause all kinds of issues. Is there a reason you suspect a possible infection? What is your friend doing to correct it?

A single screen will be running at all times. You'll now be able to miss the errors as they will be listed.

sorry about late reply ROute 44 but this problem for me has been fixed after some program uninstalls etc.

But i appreciate your help. I was wondering if you could help me out on this problem it seems i was infected with a rootkit and now i can't acces the internet despite the fact that the pc is connected to the internet and all other settings are fine something interesting is that i can use things like skype and MSN but not safari or ie.

Iwould really appreciate that thanks

Please ignore request for help with malware. Member has active thread in the V&M forum.

secretassasin69, you have several active threads running in different forums, started within the last week. On one, you got a reply 5 days ago but did not return to the thread. You cannot expect to tie up multiple helpers with your problems- which incidentally appear to be related.

Back