My own five-case roundup discussion $40-$200. Add your own?

Trillionsin

Hello fellow TechSpotians, I havent posted for a bit and I was hoping we could have a little discussion about these cases or any that are better or comparable for a better price, if you feel strongly about one I dont have in here, SUGGEST IT.

These are my top picks from Newegg and Tigerdirect. Any other sites welcomed!
I am looking for a new case, but not in a rush. It's for my work PC and I would be opening it often and adding and removing parts frequently, (maybe once a month or every other month) So maybe not that often compared to some?

Here are my picks, in no particular order. And maybe a reason I picked it, as minimal of a reason it may be... I still appreciate criticism, comments and suggestions. ALL APPRECIATED!

Only requirement is to fit an ATX motherboard.

Now that I wrote that, I think I have to double check these just in case they dont... they all probably do though, I think they are all FULL and MID tower cases, correct me if im wrong.

Cooler Master RC-942-KKN1 HAF X ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Overall nice, looks well build, decent reviews. Has wheels that come with the case.

Cooler Master RC-310-RWN1-GP Elite 310 Mid-Tower Case
Cheap, good reviews. Cooler Master brand, choice in color

Ultra ULT40069 Mid-Tower ATX Case
Oh ULTRA... Removable motherboard tray, other removable brackets, power bar.

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series™ 600T Mid-Tower Case
This case got my attention, not because its white. Inside is nice, rubber gromets (holes) for cable management. LOCK FOR SIDE PANEL, and nice latches. Looks like good quality. Overall good reviews.

Antec Lanboy
LANBOY. If you dont know, check it out.

Silverstone's Raven series should definitely be on your radar in the sub-$200 bracket. Oh, and this section is fine :).

I'm pretty happy with my Cooler Master HAF 922 for $99 :)

Image_00.jpg

OK, the Antec "Lanboy" is absurd. Notice how conveniently that rhymes with "turd"!

I think it's in indelibly bad taste. But, I'm old, so what do I know?

Although, any $100.00 case discussion should include the original "Antec 900". ATM, it's a steal! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021 And Antec does pay their rebates, without fail!

If you're looking at a portable case, I'd offer the CM Storm "Scout" as a potential candidate. With a couple of caveats; it won't take a VGA longer than 10.5 inches, and its native cooling ability, isn't as good as the 900. (Which isn't really portable, per se). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196 The handle on this sucker, although plastic, is really beefy. This case also has full black out interior

"Cooler Master RC-310-RWN1-GP Elite 310 Mid-Tower Case" I've seen these in person, they're not as pretty as their pictures. The front panel is really plastic-ey, and gaudy.

This Cooler Master ELITE 335; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119161 Has a full mesh grille, and looks much more professional and tasteful. I bought one of these in a side by comparison with the 310 from Microcenter. Haven't looked back.

I'm probably half your age captain and I think the Lanboy Air pretty damn ugly too. The concept is cool on paper in my opinion, but that's about as far as it goes.

OK, the Antec "Lanboy" is absurd. Notice how conveniently that rhymes with "turd"!

I think it's in indelibly bad taste. But, I'm old, so what do I know?

Oh yeah, the Antec 'DeWalt edition' sawhorse case.

I want (I think it's the rev. 3 Raven) I just can't find it anywhere.

Oh yeah, the Antec 'DeWalt edition' sawhorse case.
OK, so say somebody gave me one of these. I'd forego the computer guts altogether, put some nasal a** car speakers in the fan holes,and epoxy a walkman onto the front!

Oh wait, Dewalt already did that.

OK, so say somebody gave me one of these. I'd forego the computer guts altogether, put some nasal a** car speakers in the fan holes,and epoxy a walkman onto the front!

Oh wait, Dewalt already did that.

yes they did. The "Lanboy Deluxe!"

48269_4059081_290.jpg

Also, I was wondering if anyone would comment about the Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series™ 600T Mid-Tower Case

This case looks pretty nice to me.. and still has me considering it.

I have all 3 cases I suggested. It's doubtful there's that many of those Corsairs on the street, let alone here, to get a proper take on it. You're probably on your own with that one.

I have all 3 cases I suggested. It's doubtful there's that many of those Corsairs on the street, let alone here, to get a proper take on it. You're probably on your own with that one.

Thanks Captain, I really dont see the hype of the Antec 900. Looks pretty basic and comparable to one or two that I had on my list.

The COOLER MASTER Storm, along the same lines... handle is nice, but not really a selling point. Doesnt need to be mobile in that sense. I'm not carrying it around with me all the time.

With the COOLER MASTER ELITE 335, does it have a front firewire port? Looks like its blocked off and unused in the pictures on Newegg. Decent priced case.

I'm not sure what you mean? The price of the case on that site that I recently posted?

Weird... the listing of the Raven I found on Newegg was close to $300, and you linked me to the same at $159

Well, if the going rate for the case was $300.00, and you found it at one place for $155.00, that would be, "too good to be true".

As it stands, I would buy it from Newegg @ the 160 price, But, its a heavy beast, and the shipping is high.

It's very easy to pop the side cover off, and tie in a HDD. Granted, not as elegant as a dock, but I don't know if I'd consider it a deal breaker if a case didn't have one.

ATM, the Antec 900 is the cheapest I've ever seen it. At 70 bucks, free shipping It's certainly worth a look.l

Thanks guys. I think it was actually RV02-BW....however I don't remember the front being so butt ugly.

Thanks guys. I think it was actually RV02-BW....however I don't remember the front being so butt ugly.

Haha, isn't it amazing how your opinion can change like that?

I dont really think it's that ugly. Personally I think front panels are always annoying, and usually ugly. There are a few cases, in my opinion, that pull it off well. I just hate to have to open something to get to my DVD drive, or maybe sometimes USB ports. Then they wear out, and dont shut all the way and hang open constantly.. then I just end up ripping them off!

Edit: That was a little off topic from your post I quoted. Just to be clear.. I was ranting about front panel doors. haha

Back