Why did you choose your username? What does it mean?

LookinAround

There's a lot of interesting and curious looking usernames on TechSpot. The meaning of some are more obvious then others. Some usernames are downright impossible to figure out without an explanation!

Help satisfy my (and the TS community's) curiosity. Why did you choose your username? What does it mean?

I'll go first :) I was a lurker and spent a lot of time looking through many different online forums and topics before i finally decided to join here to post.

As I thought about different possible usernames for myself, "LookingAround" sounded appropriate (besides, "LurkingAround" sounded just a bit creepy :D). My final choice, "LookinAround" sounded more casual and i thought a much better name. And it was available! So it stuck!

When I was an undergrad I pledged Sigma Nu Fraternity. Our chapter is Gamma Xi, and my initiation number is 1275.

Here in my town, I'm the only one who can repair Windows including non-bootable ones and remove malwares without resorting to a reinstall. Guess I'm the Windows Expert here.

Mines boring...

Its my first name coupled with the first initial of my surname Kaelin with a y on the end of it.

My nickname is also Leeky. Was given to me at my old work place, and kinda stuck. I always signed forms and stuff with LeeK, and someone decided Leeky would be better.

My surname is Benn...My birthday is on the 26th...and my friends call me Benny.

My username would have been just 'Benny' with hindsight, I only added the '26' just in case any other people already had 'Benny'.

I might as well explain my avatar also: It's nothing special, just a pic of the right size i had at the time :D...but then i don't mind old Taz.

Arris - Character in "Privateer 2 : The Darkening" played by the actor Clive Owen was named "Lev Arris". It was a mix of Elite and Wing Commander. I adopted the name in the old mod version of Counterstrike and it stuck. In fact my Steam account uses an email address with the name Arris in it that I no longer use, only for Steam.

Used it for a lot of names in a lot of places. Often in online gaming I now use the name "Zapirian" which was taken from an exchange student who was at the university I attended. Needed a name for a wizard character in some game or other and thought this was appropriately wizardy sounding.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=Zapirian&f=wowcharacter

Back in the early 90's I used to hang out in an AOL chat room with several guys - we became known as the Late Night Crew since a couple among us were apparently chat moderators and we sort of protected each other (oh yeah, and we were only on late at night). My middle name is Papa and since LNCPapa seems to be fairly unique on the interwebs I decided to stick with it. There are still a few of us LNC'ers floating around out there. We're all pretty old school.

I knew I said all of this once before! Thought I was just becoming senile.

lol, I too remembered the old thread, but when I didn't see it in the Similar Topics section below I decided I was too lazy to search for it.

Now to watch for the people that give a different explanation this time around :)

I think mine is self explanatory. Although I've had a pc & been online since my ME (Millennium Edition) days, I'm still "learning my pc."
To this day,it still fascinates me at what one can do from their pc.
My favorite program is Google Earth.:D

The Archean ( /ɑrˈkiːən/, also spelled Archaean; formerly Archaeozoic /ɑrkiəˈzoʊɨk/), also spelled Archeozoic or Archæozoic) is a geologic eon before the Paleoproterozoic Era of the Proterozoic Eon, before 2.5 Ga (billion years, or 2,500 Ma) ago. Instead of being based on stratigraphy, this date is defined chronometrically. The lower boundary (starting point) has not been officially recognized by the International Commission on Stratigraphy, but it is usually set to 3.8 Ga, at the end of the Hadean Eon. In older literature, the Hadean is included as part of the Archean. The name comes from the ancient Greek "Αρχή" (Arkhē), meaning "beginning, origin".

Well mine is easy enough to understand if someone have time, and will to bing it :p

Anyway I have keen interest in Geology / Geologic History / Seismology etc. (mostly as I have worked in an Civil Engg. company for almsot 20 years, especially as I was mostly interacting with Geo-technical department which handles all those big hydropower projects, and large dams i.e. from Pre-feasibility to Feasibility studies, then to design and CS), along with my other interests including astrophysics, as I needed a username which was unique enough I got this one, and the Avatar well I don't need to explain once you read the above explanation do I? :)

* Cool thread LookinAround! I now can rest knowing what SNGX1275 stands for. :)

There is a two lane roadway in North Central Pennsylvania known as Route 44. My avatar is an actually picture of the road sign with the keystone emblem. The landscape is beautiful and runs through sections of what is known as the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania (Archean: how it was formed geologically would really interest you) starting in Clinton County right up through Potter County: God's Country. Tremendous fishing and other outdoor recreation. We have vacationed there more years than I will tell you. ;)

My name is a shortened version of a web based email service I've had an account with for years, mailpuppy.com. The account has been taken over by Mail.com but the old email address still works although I rarely use it these days.

* Cool thread LookinAround! I now can rest knowing what SNGX1275 stands for. :)

There is a two lane roadway in North Central Pennsylvania known as Route 44. My avatar is an actually picture of the road sign with the keystone emblem. The landscape is beautiful and runs through sections of what is known as the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania (Archean: how it was formed geologically would really interest you) starting in Clinton County right up through Potter County: God's Country. Tremendous fishing and other outdoor recreation. We have vacationed there more years than I will tell you. ;)

I used to live in Clinton County. Lock Haven. Lived there 1985-1989.

About 3 years ago around Christmas I was there. The levee is "new", wasn't there in the 80s.

'T' is the initial of my first name and somehow I like the number '7' so I joined both of them(and added an extra '7'........:D )
And I like Garfield very much....... :)

Back