Your TS name and why you chose it

SuperCheetah

What does your nickname mean?

I got to thinking today and was wondering what some of our members names meant. I know some of them might be personal, but I'm just curious. I got my name because I have freckles all over just my back (didn't listen to mom when I went to the beach when I was younger) and one of my friends said I looked like a Cheetah!!! :) I threw the Super in their because it just sounds cooler like that. I've also used GoCheetah and FlyingCheetah before.

Some members here have very unique names such as Lokem, Mictlantecuhtli, duku, didou, Phantasm66, Arris, etc. etc. (Sorry for anyone I'm not naming). Call me curious, but I would like to know what they mean. :)

Ahh... You meant nickname ;)

Lok is actually my surname/family name. When I tried to register for some site a while ago a lot of my previous nicks were taken. I tried to use Lokee... But ah well, it was taken as well ;)

Hey, you didn't mention me. :(

The father I never met gave me a second name: Erwin
And, as everyone would guess, 1978 is the year I went fishing. :)

From the About 3DS page:

My screen name is derived from my most favorite car yet that I have owned, a 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra. I sold it in the spring of 2000 for a BMW. Nothing can replace a Mustang Cobra.

What's in a name?

Goofy, well, uh, I got that from the Disney character that I most identify with....guess who?

Newfie is a slang word for a Newfoundlander, which I am proud to say I am.

Thus...Goofy Newfie.

Sigma Nu Gamma Xi 1275
I pledged Sigma Nu Fraternity when I came to college in 1998, a semister later I was initiated as the 1275th initiate of our chapter - Gamma Xi.
I personally know someone else on this board, if he reply's to this thread you will know he's the one I know in real life.

I guess that would be ME :)

I have higher rank than sn in our fraternity :cool: as my number is 1274
We were pledge brothers

Well if you read my profile it isn't hard to figure me out. I work on aircraft for a living as an Aviation Maintenance Tech. My favorite aircraft are Boeing (specifically the 777) so Boeingfixer.

Well.

You didn't mention me either...:stickout:

Hey Po, what's the Poertner? Your name?

If anyone has played Final Fantasy VII, the theme song, A One Winged Angel, has the line "estuans interius ira vehementi" in it, translated to "burning inside with violent anger" from Latin...:cool:
It is kind of lame, I know, but it's the only thing I could think of.

Wow SNGX, I really had no idea...cool!!

My name means, "A stack of hay or other material for the purpose of coverage from the weather"..

Hence the term, "Rickety" I suppose...

I have to say though, Rick is actually my name, so the actual definition has little bearing on my name.

My name is derived from a little amount of thinking but i found it humurous so it stuck...

Pretty Hot And Tempting MAN and with aol i once had 2020, because 2000 was taken, i had 3001 since 3000 was taken, and then i decided on 5050 like half and half. The name is now PHATMAN5050, NOT to be confused with PHATman. lol to all of those that remember that LITTLE fiasco.

Two reasons: It's my favourite character from my favourite Sci-Fi show :)

That, and the fact that I have too much in common with the character made it the "ideal" choice for me...

Papa is my real middle name - and LNC comes from a group of guys I used to hang out with on the internet late at night back in the early 90's. Kept it because it's so easy to get this name on the internet and with all my internet gaming.

LNCPapa

From a bit about yourself...
Originally posted by me:
"The Lord of the Dead". Aztec god of the dead and the ruler of Mictlan, the land where the dead reside. Mictlan is the ninth and final underworld of Aztec mythology. The dead not chosen by other gods would pass through the other hells, surviving several trials along the way until they came to Mictlan.

Hmmm...very interesting Mictlantecuhti. I thought I had heard a name similar to that one before. Now I know where it comes from.

Oh yeah, and sorry about forgetting you Vehementi, but thanks for posting because you do have a very unique name also. :D

Tshirt, this brilliant name I came up with when I won a tshirt online (another site) and they wanted a "nick" to post.
But I kind of like it, as it represent my casual/ irreverent additude on message boards.
This is my downtime:wave:

Cucumber, well that comes from CounterStrike! Me and one of my mates set up the [VEG] clan (great name huh?).
Anywayz my name is Slightly Elongated Cucumber:cool: But as all of that wouldnt fit i just used the name Cucumber! We now have about 40 members some of the other names include:

[VEG]SlightlyElongatedCucumber
[VEG]AnAmusinglyShapedTurnip
------------------------------------------
[VEG]PotentiallyHarmfulPotato
[VEG]CautiouslyCockyCarrot
[VEG]PartiallyPartrudingParsnip
[VEG]RatherRudeLookingRadish
[VEG]SuspiciouslySexySwede

HEHE;)

Laterz............Cucumber

It means I'm CRAZY!

Actually, I have been using the name since I was 11yrs old, when I ran the Danger Zone BBS on the now ancient C64c w/ 1541 !

Well much as I would like to have an interesting story behind my nick name its rather dull. When I was at uni and my mates had classes and I had a free I got into a message board called monochrome. On this I used the highly inventive name of "King" as its my surname, but after being subjected to too many "Are you named after the character from the tekken fighting games?" questions I changed. Also at the time I started playing a MUD (multi user dungeon/dimension), like Everquest/Legend Of Mir/etc but only text. By the time I stopped playing this game I had 21 characters but the first one was named after the computer game that I was currently playing at the time... "Privateer 2 - The Darkening". The lead character who you took control of was called "Ser Lev Arris" played by the actor Clive Owen. I just used that for so long on the MUD that it sorta stuck, and ever since when I have to enter a name for a high score or a save file player name it has been Arris instead of "Bruce" (my firstname).
Some other names of characters from the mud still get used today...

Zapirian (surname name of a foreign exchange student in my uni class)
Torture
RapidDemise
QuickDeath
Horza (character name from a book by Iain Banks)
Eitzsataux (picked some characters and tried to make them look like a possible name from some exotic country ;) )

I've rabbled on enough, but thats where my name comes from...

well, my nickname does not serve any meaning. I was in a dilemma while registering for the 3DS Forum mebership, so this nick came straight to my mind.

nicknames from beyond time

Hey Arris, I remember Privateer 2, cool game, cool character......:D

Mine is nothing to write home about, signed up on EA.com for some online shenanigans.......all the names I tried were taken and then they suggested HonourablePrawn, ( they must have recognised the crustacean in me!!!)

It's been HonourablePrawn or just The Prawn ever since, (Best part of 4 years, now)

I'm up for suggestions though if anyone can think of something better????;)

The Prawn:grinthumb

My name means The Mighty Dictionary Boy, since everyone at college used to call me Dictionary Boy, because I know quite a bit about computers etc. and that got shortened to DB.

And I converted my name into "L33T" to make it look a bit different.

Back