Blue screen error ( page-fault-in-nonpaged-area partition) help ¡¡¡¡¡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
Yesterday i bought a ner seagate 80 GB HHD, formatted it and installed win xp pro. Then i isntalled office XP and a few utilities.

Next, i proceeded creating another partiton (a NTFS logical one).
Partition Magic did it but named the new one as unit E.
I wanted to change the unit lettre as D so i first changed my cd rom to unit F, then new partition to D: and, finally cd rom to E.

When i was changing my documents folder path to be in the new partition appeared a blue screen with this message: page-fault-in-nonpaged-area partition

After it i couldn´t do anything more.
I tried to reboot but after the win logo started the blue screen appeared again.

i also tried to boot in safe mode but just the same.

Do anyone knows what can be the problem and how to fix it????
Thanks
Also i tried to boot in safe mode but just the same ¡¡¡

DO anyone knows the problem and how to fix it????
Thanks ¡¡¡

Don't know how to fix it. But once I messed with the driver letters for Recycle Bin, I lost Windows. It would boot and show log-in, and log out as soon as I tried to log in. Wouldn't do that again.

If there are 4 or fewer partitions and only one is FAT32, no need for logical. I got tired of fine-tuning partitions. Now I'd just divide the drive in half. 80 / 2 = 40 + 40. First being FAT32, and 2nd being My Doc. That way, XP installed on the first FAT32 will be on C drive. The 2nd being D drive. I save all the stuff in My Doc on the D drive. You can right-click My Doc to move files to another drive.

I deleted the partitions then created again before installing winXp and now the unit letters are correct: first HDD partition (C),second (d) and cd rom (D).

The difference is that i partitiones the disk before installing the OS.

But i don´t understand why changing unit letters in XP worked in such fatal way.

Now im i bit scared when running windows becaouse still it´s too soon to say that the problem is fixed but lets see what happen in the next days ¡¡¡

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ¡¡¡¡¡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back