Browser Hijacked with www.quicknavigate.com. Help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlejim

I am trying to get a temp job and my flaming browser 'IE' has been hijacked by something. I have tried the route as suggested on this website but these little blighters are resilient.

I have the latest upgrades for Ad-Aware, Spybot, CWShredder the VXcleaner and AVG but the following keep coming back and letting other things in.

Fixing them in HJT does not work. :confused:

I can post my HJT log but thought I would ask first if there is any point seeing as it does not seem to have any effect.

The following keep coming back:

http://www.quicknavigate.com/ (a contiually annoying browser hi-jack)
CoolWWWSearch.ToonComics
n_Case
I also seem to have a load of registry entries that cannot be HJT fixed...!...?

I did have some other struff but managed to use killbox to eradicate some stuff including a blue background with warning in the middle, and a yellow flashing triangle in my tray icon area.

If you can help, please do, cheers.
J.

No offence taken....

Hi RBS. Firstly, thank you for replying; and I apologise for not explaining myself clearly.

You are right....I HAVE NOT fixed all of the nasties. Your teachings in other threads worked for me in the past but this time it would seem I need some stronger medicine.

Using your advised standard cleaning approach I have been unsuccesful in disinfecting my computer. Although I have eradicated a number of nasties. Several remain including the browser hijack that takes me to "quicknavigate".
I also have the following in my Task Manager Process List:
shnlog.exe
vsmon.exe
intmon.exe

I appreciate you do not really want HJT logs here (my sincere apologies for making a mess :blush: ) but I am not sure if I would cause more annoyance if I was to start another thread in the correct HJT.Log thread, having started my question here.

With thanks,
James.

It's perfectly OK to continue here with your log. Rather one log per thread, than 50!
I should have never allowed that to go on as long as it did! Maybe I'll close that thread and force people to open a fresh thread per case, LOL.

BTW, vsmon.exe belongs to Zonealarm firewall
The other two are part of a REAL nasty!.

You are quite 'fashionable' in that you have the 'latest' infection on the web!
Go to this forum:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/The_Old_quicknavigatecom_Problem-t23175.html
and scroll down until you see (on the right) post #11 by ~kat~
Follow the instructions from there.
Good luck!

Always new I was stylish...only the latest virus' for me!

Hi RBS, I think you might have found the perfect solution :grinthumb although I do not understand the results from ActiveScan. It says "Disinfected" for three entries and "No disinfected" for the rest. I have attached it in case you are interested......

....Although looking at my HJT.log things seems to be looking up. Please would you do me the honour of a final scout through my latest HJT log and give me your thoughts on what Active Scan has found?

With happy regards,
James.

Your HJT-log is clean. Glad I could help you there

Panda's strange and cryptic explanation of 'No disinfected' should actually read: 'NOT disinfected'.
In other words, you still have a bunch of critical files on your PC (as per the scan-list) that need to be taken care off.
Panda obviously can't (is it that bad, or what?)

Out of curiosity I had my own PC scanned by them as well.
The filecount went way OVER half a million files (I have 2x W2K and 1x XP Pro on this PC).
Result: 1 measly, questionable file!
Spyware:Spyware/Aveo-Attune No disinfected H:\Downloads\Hardware-Stuff\Modems\3COM Modems\ControlCtr\cc_4_00_034_Uk.exe[atmdlusr.exe]
Scanned it with AVG, nothing found!

I sold that modem last year, so I just deleted the file.
Don't think I ever even installed it, because in my dial-up 'past' I always used only the drivers, never any modem-software.

Cheers for fixing www.quicknavigate.com

Great help RBS.

I will bid you farewell and hopefully not have to bother you for a very long time except maybe to drop in now and again and have a read through the forums.

Cheers, its Friday let's go to the pub and enjoy a Guiness. :approve:
James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back