Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately my comp has been shuting down by itself.... so I go and reboot it and it didn't work (it couldn't find some kinda ghost rider...) but any who...I went to bootdisk.com and dl the win98se boot disk cuz obvisously I wasn't gettin' the dos promt... I began to initialize the disk at strart up and all ran fine... afterwards I threw in my restore cd's.. Well all seemed great... till afterwards when I start my comp from cold I get this message now... stating: Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter. WHAT DA? If I pres Ctrl-Alt-Dlt it pops right into windows for me... But Otherwise it don't... How can I get rid of that... What Is going on here.. Can someone please help me... Desperate... My comp is only a year and eight mths old... Windows xp Emachine.... ThanX puke: puke:

Is there a CD or floppy in the drive, that boots instead of from harddisk? Take it/them out.
In BIOS check your bootup sequence. Normally it's floppy/CD/Harddisk

Finally ressurection

Happy Happy Joy Joy.... It was nothing that at all 'cept one lil thing... My jumper pins were connected wrong... It was thinking my original master harddrive is a slave and my original slave was a now a master... after four days of searching I stumbled upon that... Re-positioned my jumpers and now all works fine.... NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel: :giddy: :grinthumb

Most curious.
You must have messed with the insides of your PC, those jumpers don't change by themselves!
Anyway, nice you got it sorted.

More Or Less.... Yes Monkey's

Monkey around as usuall.... and reboot my system and totally wiping everything off of the hard disk.. and started from scratch... Got an ati video card and an extra hard drive, sound card stuff that has to come out... before I do... Started to put it back together wrong with the jumper pins.... So words of wisdom fellow players in the box.... Remember where they go...

L8R
3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back