System rebooting "Serious Error"s...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, my computer has once again started crashing for an unknown reason. Last time this happened I found it was something to do with IRQ_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL or something, basically I was forced to disable my sound card and have been using on-board sound since with no problems.. til now.

In the last day the comp has restarted a few times and come up with "The system has recovered from a serious error". As there isn't even an error screen before shutdown it's difficult to know where to start. Would it be possible for someone to read the last couple of .dmp files related to the crash and be able to tell what the problem may be? I've included them as .txt files below. Other than that if you have any advice for improving the stability of my sys it would be useful :)

Thanks in advance (hopefully)!

Hi,

Both minidumps have the same symptom. Bugcheck 9C is machine check. Probably it is caused by hardware error. I am not a hardware expert. For detail refer the following webpage.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284&sd=RMVP

Your debug report
BugCheck 9C, {4, 80545ff0, b2000000, 70f0f}
BugCheck 9C, {4, 80545ff0, b2000000, 70f0f}

From the problem description, your windows crashes with bugcheck 0A. Most probably it is related to faulty ram or L2 cache memory. Attach more minidumps here. Please zip the dump and it can save my time to download the zip files. Try reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Run memtest to stress test the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back