"Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection."

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGutierrez32

I'm getting this message along with a blinking red X in the bottom right of my screen. When I try to close it out, it opens Firefox and sends me to the website www.spyaxe.com. My IE page was being messed with as well, but it appears to have went away. I read the locked pinned thread about removing CWS and other "nasties", but I'm afraid I'm going to remove something that I need. Can anyone take a look at my HJT log and help me out? Thanks...

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 196
Ad-Aware scan in progress. I'll update this post with the results. Also, everytime the computer starts, a program called SpyAxe 3.0 installs. When I uninstall it, Firefox opens and I'm shown the SpyAxe website.

EDIT: Nothing found in Ad-Aware scan. I'll try Spybot and Spysweeper next.

hmm your post sounds like a scam, if your computer isnt runnibg slow then i wouldnt worry about it, some comapnys use those pop ups and try to get you to buy there product

Scam or not, I want it gone from my computer. And I don't want a random program installed on every startup. Spybot and SpySweeper both removed a couple things, but I'm still getting the big message on my screen.

As for the PC running slow, that's not the problem. The thing is that out of nowhere it starts sounding like a jet because of this crap I got.

post un updated hijack this log form safemode and maybe someone will take alook aat it,,id also recomend looking at microsoft anti spyware beta as it work well for me

Swiped this from another forum thought it might help.

Found the cure to the SpyAxe popup activity! I actually got desperate enough to complain last night through their website email form. Tonight I got a reply from them stating a lot of complaints came thru due to affiliate's illegal advertising of their product. They provide a simple fix that really worked. Here is the instructions they sent:
------------------
In order to clean your PC from infections related to Spyware Axe product, please follow the instructions below:

1) Save Uninstallers.zip from http://www.spyaxe.com/uninstall/uninstallers.zip to your desktop or HDD.

2) Extract 2 files "illegal_adv_uninstall1.exe" and "illegal_adv_uninstall2.exe" to your desktop or your HDD using WinZip.

3) Execute both of them one by one by double-clicking with your mouse.

4) Reboot your PC

5) Your PC is now clean

Son of a.......it worked! Thanks a lot beerabuser30! Now I can get back to watching the game in GORGEOUS ESPN HD.

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I have the blinking red X at the botton right of my screen with a pop up that is VERY annoying. Also, many words on website are actualy advertising links. I cannot change my default homepage and I get many pop ups. I ran Norton 2005 and also Spybot - Search & Destroy. I tried to downlaod the http://www.spyaxe.com/uninstall/uninstallers.zip but it didn't work for me. It was just an empty .exe.

This is the default homepage I have right now http://www.pcadprotector.cc/?qq&pin=44768

If anyone can help please let me know cuz I'm going crazy with this

wysiwyg said:
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I have the blinking red X at the botton right of my screen with a pop up that is VERY annoying. Also, many words on website are actualy advertising links. I cannot change my default homepage and I get many pop ups. I ran Norton 2005 and also Spybot - Search & Destroy. I tried to downlaod the http://www.spyaxe.com/uninstall/uninstallers.zip but it didn't work for me. It was just an empty .exe.

This is the default homepage I have right now http://www.pcadprotector.cc/?qq&pin=44768

If anyone can help please let me know cuz I'm going crazy with this

Make sure that after you download the .zip file, you extract both .exe files to the desktop. Click on the first .exe, then on the second (it appears as if nothing happens). Restart your computer and it should be gone. That's what worked for me...

Thank You all

I have the same problem with my computer at home, I as an IT person have had many times tried to remove this software from my computer, even gone into the register and did remove there. I am glad that someone out there has figured out how to stop this. Thanks

SPYAXE argh!!

I am having exactly the same problem and it's driving me mad. Every two seconds the "Your computer is infected" message pops up from the red and white cross in the bottom right hand corner. The link http://knights.orgfree.com/spyaxe_removal.htm
was just an empty white box.
The link http://www.spywaredb.com/remove-spyaxe/ would have been helpful if I had more of an idea what I'm doing but I'm pretty PC-illiterate when it comes to this sort of thing. It gives instructions on how to remove SpyAxe but I have no idea how to do it! If anyone can help me out by explaining exactly how I'm supposed to:

Kill the following processesspyaxe.exe
sa1.exe
scvhosts.dll

Unregister the following DLLs and rebootWindows\SYSTEM32\svchosts.dll

Remove the following filesProgram Files\SpyAxe\spyaxe.exe
Windows\system32\hpE951.tmp

Remove the following directoriesC:\Program Files\SpyAxe

...then it would be greatly appreciated!! What program should I be in??

Spyaxe Remove

I removed it from my computer useing the above program and it worked great. so good luck it took may differant programs try to remove before Techspot saved me :bounce:

Kill the following process: winstall.exe

Remove the following file: C:\winstall.exe

and that´s it... :D

scan your comp with Ad-Aware SE Personal.... or some other similar program ... :D

my web site

DGutierrez32 said:
Seems like the website is no longer available. I'm sorry but I didn't keep the two .exe files after I got rid of this crap, I'll see if anyone still has them.

http://knights.orgfree.com/spyaxe_removal.htm Haven't tried this, but it's worth a shot since it doesn't appear as though the site will return.

The above link will only unistall spyaxe, but it will not keep it from coming back. I have spent 3 days 12hrs plus a day trying to get rid of this darn thing.

Not to worry. Here is the fix and you can do it in your sleep.

Oh and just to let you all know...Mcafee and Norton are wrong...this thing is malicious. It attacked my antivirus and changed settings, attack Spybot TeaTimer, and changed a whole mess of values in the registry for other programs so that you can't get rid of it. In all total in an Ad-aware scan I found over 60 entries for spyaxe and its dropper files.

Use both programs. One as I said before will only uninstall spyaxe, but the other will erase all trace of spyaxe, its dropper files, and all entries found in the registry as well as restoring all values that were changed.

use this one first Link to Antipuper Fix (This will erase all traces of spyaxe and other exploites from the registry and system files and restore your registry values).

Then use the link provided by DGutierrez32 Link to Spyaxe Fix (This will totally uninstall spyaxe).

Be sure to close all programs and windows before using both as they will both cause your computer to restart.

Oh and if you can, please donate to the person who came up with this fix. The person provides it through Mcafee's support forum, but it is not a Mcafee product. You can donate by selecting the donate button when the program starts.

See ya.

Persistent "your computer is infected..." wallpaper

I had the same exact problem, and I got rid of the little "X" icon and the pop-up messages, BUT...my wallpaper has been replaced by a blue screen with a black box in the middle of it with text telling me that my computer has been infected by spyware.

When my computer loads up, I initially see the original wallpaper, but then it grays out, and then the aforementioned background/text comes up.

This problem persists even AFTER I ran Ad-Aware several times, AND downloaded PC-cillin and scanned my computer several times.

And I don't know if this is related, but when I start my computer, an error message appears telling me that some kind of .net framework file is missing. I don't have the exact text right now, but I'll post it later if someone can help me with it. The two issues might be related as they appeared at the same time.

Anybody out there with this same problem? :(

DLL issues

This is a follow up to my previous posting...the error message I receive when I start up my computer is the following:

c:\windows\microsoft.net\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded

I did a google search on this message and found only very complicated things that seem to be unrelated to my start up. I also tried downloading the latest v1.1, but my computer wouldn't accept it for some reason.

I need help!!

Thanks DirtyWolf,
That worked great getting rid of spyaxe, but iv now got a new, pretty much identical problem, with a new "X" icon in the notification area but this one is for SpywareStrike 2.5. Tried getting rid of it the same way but it didn't work.

Do you (or anyone else) know about fixing this one?

new spyaxe now called spywarestrike?

seems like I have a new version of spyaxe, now called spywarestrike. I've tried most of the posted suggestion (like deleting sa1.exe files (also others like sad.exe etc.)) and deleting in savemode and runed regedit (used most of the day) but the program seem to escape. I would be very happy if anyone could help getting of with this. thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back