Mic not working on asus mobo/w soundmax driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackel53

my mic keeps not working after a start up and a stand by?? why is this happening

i ve tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it and it worked but then ill i said after my comp comes out of stand by or a restart the mic won't work

then i have to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and finally i can use it......untill i goes to stand by or it reboots.

any ideas would be very helpful

Try going to your motherboard's website to see if there is a newer soundcard driver. I went to the Soundmax site and found that they do not have drivers there. They refer you to the different manufacturers for their customized drivers.

1.) Is it a regular circular-plug microphone or a usb mic?
2.) Are you using the front mic jack or the one in the back.
3.) How many speakers are you using on your machine besides the mic?

its a regurlar mic/w circular-plug, im using the jack in the back,and i have normal speakers/w a little subwoofer.

and i can't update my bios cuz i found out i it messes up my OC settings

Make sure in your Audio Control Panel that your sound card is the default device for mic recording. Are there any other symptoms or any more information you can give us that might be related to this problem. Is it only when returning from Hibernation or Standbye?

i went to sounds and audio devices and checked to see what default settings were and it said soundmax

so that was ok and then i don't know why i did but i went to test hardware (usually doesn't) work, but to my suprise my mic was working and i didn't have to uninstall and reinstall hehe.

ill see how it goes for a few days and report back if any more problems occur

thanks for all your help

found the problem everytime i restart my comp or it comes out of hibernation, stand by my audio settings are defaulted to the FRONT PANEL MIC setting.

so i just have to click that off

i did that b4 but i didn't think restart, hibernation, and stand by would default the settings so i guess i kinda overlooked dbl checking there

thank for all your help

Asus A3AC Microphone not working

I have an ASUS A3AC and the built in microphone doesn't work. When I first purchased the laptop it worked fine, however I've had to use the recovery cds and reinstall windows, and now it's not working. When I go to the audio settings, it doesn't show up as an option, nor is it recognised by Skype, or any audio recording programs.

I've re-installed all the drivers I can find, however it still won't recognise that the microphone is there.

I would REALLY appreciate some help.

Thanks

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back