BSOD!!! Windows says that it is a device driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

fermanagh

Hi Guys,

My first thread...and boy and am i annoyed with my system! I have a Dell Inspiron 9400, basically about 6 mths old.

I keep getting the dreaded BSOD every so often and i'm hoping it's not hardware/memory related! It says that the problem is related to a device driver on my system but that it cannot tell the exact cause??? Thanks Bill :confused:

I have done a chkdsk already but to no avail...

Please find attached 2 mini-dump files - thanks for any help!

DM

Oh yeah i forgot...the errors i usually get are the following:

driver irql not less or equal
sometimes with tcpip.sys included
bad pooler caller

Hi,

I believe the crash is related to software error of ADSL Modem Driver (dlink) driver. Update ADSL modem driver may resolve the blue screen problem

Mini112106-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 0, f46e6e7b}
Probably caused by : wanarp.sys ( wanarp!WanNdisSendComplete+12f ) <-- actually it is crashed by gwausb.sys

Mini112206-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {a76634cc, 2, 0, 805084be}
Probably caused by : gwausb.sys ( gwausb+1c21 )

Thanks alot...yes, it seems that this was causing the blue screens! By the way, how did you manage to work that out? I'd like to know for future reference, ie: in analysing the dump files

By the way i have another problem...my laptop is hanging on 'saving your settings' everytime i go to restart or shutdown...i've disabled the welcome screen which is supposedly responsible for this. I also have all critical updates etc for XP - i also did a chkdsk...no issues...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back