Direct X Probs w/ Sims 2 + Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone mentions this prob, but no one seems to be on Vista in those posts, so here mine
Get the Error Message:
Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 Compatible graphics adapters in this system!
Please make sure you have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver.
The application will now Terminate...

I have Windows Vista Home Premium
DirectX 10 (according to DXdiag)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ on a Nvidia Motherboard
3091MB Ram
Geforce 7900GTX w/ 1784MB ram and the driver i downloaded and installed today

First time i have reinstalled this since Upgrading from XP and was looking forward to playing Bon Voyage.
Please help, any more info needed just ask

Try removing DirectX 10. There might be a conflict or something. Your graphics card does not support DirectX 10 so you can only use DirectX 9 anyway.

Did you purchase your computer with VISTA already installed, or did you install it yourself? I've read somewhere, but can't remember where, that VISTA doesn't have DX9 within it, so you have to manually download and install it. Try this and see what happens.

mailpup said:
Try removing DirectX 10. There might be a conflict or something. Your graphics card does not support DirectX 10 so you can only use DirectX 9 anyway.

How would i go about this, i installed Vista fresh onto this machine after using the Release candidate, A Fully Clean Install
Have tried downloading DirectX End Uder Runtime which installed additional components, but this hasnt worked, any help?

I did some further research and found that you cannot remove DirectX 10 from Windows Vista. It is integral to the OS. Sorry, I was incorrect.

My girlfriend is able to play sims 2 with only a few glitches just after installing. I know there are patches for sims 2 running vista, did you try any of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back