Hitman 2 won't run

Status
Not open for further replies.

macklessdaddy

I just reinstalled hitman 2 on my comp and received this error when trying to play it Fatal error
Direct 3d:unable to create device.try changing resolution of color
depth
can anybody tell me whats wrong,i have a 9600xt 2800+athalon and 1.5g of ram and the newest drivers your help is greatly appreciated,oh and i tried all the resolutions and it ran 2 years ago just fine with a 9200

Click Start, run, then type dxdiag and press enter. Run through all the tests to see if any have problems.

Thats assuming you have windows xp as you havent actually said.

Rik said:
Click Start, run, then type dxdiag and press enter. Run through all the tests to see if any have problems.

Thats assuming you have windows xp as you havent actually said.
when i click on display and test direct 3d i get the same error message when i try to play the game,it tells me test failed at step 8 creating 3d device,is the card bad?

Its probably the driver rather than the card that is causing the problem.

It would still be handy to know what windows version you are using.

Also, the 9600xt is available in agp and pci-e. Which do you have?

Rik said:
Its probably the driver rather than the card that is causing the problem.

It would still be handy to know what windows version you are using.

Also, the 9600xt is available in agp and pci-e. Which do you have?
oh i'm sorry,i'm running xp and i have the agp version

Right, the best way to sort this out would be to boot into safemode.
To do this, press F8 just before windows begins to load then select safemode from the menu.
Once booted, click start, control panel, switch it to classic view if it isnt already set, double click system, goto hardware then device manager then display adapters, right click and uninstall everything in that category (this is incase you have any drivers for old cards still active).

Reboot into normal mode then go here - http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/downloads.php and install the top one.

With luck, that will sort your problem out.

If you are using the latest Catalyst driver suite, you need to also install .Net Framework if you haven't already. The easiest way is to use Windows Update under Optional updates. Be aware that once installed there are further updates to .net.

Rik said:
Right, the best way to sort this out would be to boot into safemode.
To do this, press F8 just before windows begins to load then select safemode from the menu.
Once booted, click start, control panel, switch it to classic view if it isnt already set, double click system, goto hardware then device manager then display adapters, right click and uninstall everything in that category (this is incase you have any drivers for old cards still active).

Reboot into normal mode then go here - http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/downloads.php and install the top one.

With luck, that will sort your problem out.
did it ,no luck

mailpup said:
If you are using the latest Catalyst driver suite, you need to also install .Net Framework if you haven't already. The easiest way is to use Windows Update under Optional updates. Be aware that once installed there are further updates to .net.
did it,no luck

Rik said:
The latest Catalyst driver probably wont work as its for pci-e cards mostly.

I will have a look for an older driver that may help.
i tried the top 1 under unmodded drivers or was i supposed to click on the patch 1

ok do this go to your display options (right click on your desk top) go to settings tab then click advanced button then click the trouble shoot tab and make sure you have full acceleration going

hardwire said:
ok do this go to your display options (right click on your desk top) go to settings tab then click advanced button then click the trouble shoot tab and make sure you have full acceleration going

did it ,it is on full

To the top,I know there is more help out there,video experts you are cordially invited to help me sort this mess out and thanks to the guys who have given suggestions already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back