Anyone found Guitar Hero III (PC) Custom Songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmutz

Wow, Guitar hero 3's on PC and of course I have a copy :D :cool: (As well as 360 version)

Modding potential of PC guitar hero is crazy, if you don't know what custom soundtracks are available on PS2s GH2 try searching "Guitar Hero 2 custom soundtracks" into google/youtube and you'll hit a lot of amazing vids :)

So now its on PC, where people bust games wide open and mod them to death. I expect its only a matter of time before we see amazing custom songs converted for use in GHIII PC, and cool third party song editors. Has anyone found anything interesting yet? I'm checking now and then to see if theres any breakthroughs but haven't seen anything

GH3 PC can now be modified! With songlist_editor_v022, you must find+download a file named fsbencrypt.exe for it to work correctly. I've had no problems getting all kinds of custom songs working, and the GH1/2/80's content

FSBENCRYPT.EXE DOWNLOAD

Phazex said:
I've been searching for the same, no luck yet. There is a program called frets on fire that is kind of like guitar hero and will work with your guitar (might need drivers from microsoft). Alot of custom songs out there for it, unfortauntly its alot different than GH as the window you have to strum the note is very short and picky.

edit: people are working on it : http://www.scorehero.com/forum/view...tart=240&sid=8d9e79e1700d1317f5ffeadfb0f8cc1c

thanks Phazex I'll keep an eye on that! :). As for Frets on Fire, it was great but can't be compared with real GH. For some reason when I was using these GH clones I preferred using another program "Guitar Zero" because it felt more familiar

Great to see theres other guys hunting for mods!! :D

yup GH3 PC can now be modified! With songlist_editor_v022, you must find+download a file named fsbencrypt.exe for it to work correctly. I've had no problems getting all kinds of custom songs working, and the GH1/2/80's content

hey would you be able to tell me where to download the fsbencrypt.exe file please?

Ive searched everywhere i can think of but cant find it

thanks a lot im looking forward to all my gh2 songs on gh3 :D

before i got gh3 i downloaded all the gh1 & 2 songs for fof and i turns out that they're compatible with the songlist editor so im very happy lol

Meskell said:
thanks a lot im looking forward to all my gh2 songs on gh3 :D

before i got gh3 i downloaded all the gh1 & 2 songs for fof and i turns out that they're compatible with the songlist editor so im very happy lol

nice. I have GH2 on xb anyway but its good to try some of the GH80's tracks and relive all the GH1 glory (bark at the moon!) again

When you're going for custom songs you should watch some on youtube to see what they're like. I don't know what level you like to play at but theres songs out there considerably harder than GH2's Jordan (search Black widow of la porte - john5) - crazy song!

Hey there,

So I found the songlist editor as described above, and when it asked me to put in Song track, it keeps saying Unhandled Exception!

HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back