Test System & Memory Performance
- Intel Pentium D 950
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (3.03GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (3.66GHz)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (SP2) 32-bit
- ATI Catalyst 6.6
- Intel System Drivers 7.2.2
The E6300 processor produced roughly 33% more memory bandwidth once overclocked. The overclocked E6700 produced similar margins, gaining 35% more bandwidth. The overclocked E6700 offered just 5% more memory bandwidth when compared to the overclocked E6300 configuration in SiSoft2007. The 3.66GHz frequency of the E6700 came into play once the MemTach results were in. The Analyze 1 results for example, favored the overclocked E6700 by 28% when compared to the overclocked E6300.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.