Rick
Last Activity:
Apr 11, 2014
Birthday:
Jul 8, 1981 (Age: 33)
System &; Network Technician

Rick Burgess (Rick)

TechSpot Staff, Male, 33, from Los Angeles, CA

The Interwebs was but a nascent glimmer when I began slowly pecking away at the keyboard of my first PC -- a truly archaic beige box brimming with high-end components like an 8 MHz 286 CPU, 128k of RAM and two 5.25-inch floppy drives. Despite its obvious limitations (less obvious at the time) -- with the help of GW-BASIC and Asteroids -- that cantankerous device helped nurture an incurable fondness for PCs. Since then, my continually evolving experiences with digital things have been seasoned with repair and consulting work at independent computer shops peppering California's scenic coastline. I've also had the fortune of being an Intel engineer, a system/network administrator for both Windows and Mac environments and currently operate my own computer repair and consulting business in Los Angeles. I'm a dabbler in many areas, but enjoy most things science; particularly the stranger-than-fiction explanations that often emerge as we perceive, explore and measure our unfathomably prodigious realm of existence. I also appreciate good food, good stories and good games.

Rick was last seen:
Apr 11, 2014