0x0000007f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I recently installed new RAM into my PC and have seated it twice and done so in matched pairs. This error comes up once a week maximum. I have just put the old ram back in and now seem to be stable. I never had this error with the old ram so it is not the end of the world and I think that the ram is faulty but wan to make sure. I will attach a dxdiag and the minidumps to help. Just hoping your arent gonna tell me MY mobo is dying cause that would just make me cry. Pretty sure its memory though.

The error reads: STOP 0x000000F7 (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x000000000)

I have looked up the error and it says it can be low level hardware failure (ram) or failing mobo or one other which I cant remember. Anyway it has happened twice in 2 weeks and I just turned on the machine when it has happened on both occasions. I was only running for a few minutes. I have a new GFX card installed and had no problems with this before and the ram was replaced due to a NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD that turned out to be an error created by EVE online (fixed in a patch the day after I ordered the new RAM!! Hahaha typical).

So here is what I think you will need so hope it helps. 2 minidumps included with the same error involved.

Cheers for any replies.

Other things to consider..?

Ok I have been brousing for about an hour and found that one guy tested his memory 10 times with no errors (it all seems to be memory related) and then took 1 stick out and now he gets not BSOD.

I also remember from my NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors that it was an error that pointed to GFX driver failure. Now what bugs me is that there are soooo many people having this problem and NO answers have been found. The usual "Update everything" replys from the various manufacturers when they are contacted and some reports of the error being fixed in 8.12. Then there are some with the same error.

I am going to go and install cat 8.12 (driver only as CCC is a pile of %$&@!) and see what happens with the 4 1 gig sticks again. I am wondering if I run with 3 will it be better as some have said that 3 gig on 32 bit xp is max as it cant use 4. What I dont understand is why having 4 gig instead of 2 causes this problem yet I was still getting the NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors which have got to be driver related (starting to think this is a driver bug).

And can the GURU take a look at this attachment and tell me what you think. Please note when reading this that I will ofcourse have SP3 so it shouldn't be a problem.... should it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back