(0xc0000142 error) help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee1man

when starting windowslive messenger , new updated messenger, i get this . msnmsgr.exe-Application Error
the application failed to initilize properly (0xc0000142) click on ok to terminate. heres a hijackers log maybe you guys can help. ive installed , uninstaled to no avail. its only on windowslive sign in this happens .

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:32:50 a.m., on 02/03/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Moderator edit:
Pasted logs removed
You must ATTACH the logs

0xC0000142: DLL Initialization Failure
Its instances all appear to indicate that an application failed to initialize properly. Usually this is traceable to a DLL initialization failure.

In other words, a dll in your OS is failing to initialize and thus your system crashes. I doubt it is an infection issue but someone else might have a more knowlegable answer than I.

cool and thanks how do i know which and where this dll is? excuse my ignorance.

i can usewindows live messenger if i sign into msn explorer then messenger signs in

wee1man said:
i can usewindows live messenger if i sign into msn explorer then messenger signs in

This may mean that whatever you attempted to load WindowsLive with other than MSN that particular .dll was in conflict.

What .dll it is is impossible to say at this time. If you have any more issues let us know.

msnmsnr.exe unable to locate component

This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this.

well ive uninstalled reinstalled numerous times but keep getting the same error. anyone can help please please ????? . ive downloaded the missing dll, but have no idea where its missing from. ????????????????

thanks kim

well i downloaded the d.ll in question and now it says msnmsgr.exe application error

the application failed to initiliz3e property (0xc0000142) click ok to terminate the application.

Fully un-install Messenger
Go to MS Messenger site
And download the newest version

You may need to try to backup first (any contacts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back