Here is the HIJACK this log. HELP!

It is a Dell Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
1.40 GHzm 504 MB RAM

Running Microsoft Windows Home Edition Service Pack 3

Log is attached

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
From the HijackThis-log, I can tell you that the only thing suspicious running on your PC (except those 'unknown'/'noname' processes) would be the Google toolbar Add-On. Unless you're using it regularly, I suggest you remove it.

An XP Home SP3 running on a 1,40 GHz Pentium 4 at 100% usage along with ~500MbB RAM does not really seem suspicious. Is this behaviour very "not normal" for your PC?

(Also, try avoiding screaming HELP etc., you may want to review the community guidelines should you risk getting moderated)

Edit:
What anti-virus are you running?

I'm going to roll with Lokalaskurar on this and like him, I'm curious as to what Anti-Virus program your are currently running? I'm a former Windows XP Professional guy, used it for 10 years on a number of various "store built" and "home built" computers, some weaker than your current configuration and with those similar and weaker systems, if I detected a CPU or system bog down or ultra high use of any given system resources, I would be suspect of the Anti-Virus program first, until it was proven innocent, I always targeted that thing first.

But without a shadow of doubt, I know that Windows XP alone, without anything load on it, "virgin" you might say would never max out any of the systems resources by itself. Windows XP is a very mild resource user, no where close to a Vista O.S. or even Windows 7, XP has a very lite foot print. So if it were me, I would first target in your Anti-Virus program, if that is proven to not be it, than target in on any programs you may have loaded onto the machine.

Good luck :)

sorry guys. I am really new to all of this. I purchased this desktop to use at my office as an alternative to packing and unpacking my laptop every day. I just got it a couple of days ago.

I was using the free Avast anti-virus and also the super-anti spyware. The first scan with AVAST found some sort of WIN32 error.

What you're basically telling me is the computer is old and slow right?

"What you're basically telling me is the computer is old and slow right?"...
Yes, exactly... With that WIN32 error pick up, it might help to have Windows freshly re-installed and don't expect to to much with this computer

Back