1st Build Power Supply Question

DemonVenom

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts :)

Thanks you for your Help! I'm not sure of the Actual Power needs of each piece of equipment I listed, Nor do I know how much a few 60mm fans would add to it (I assume they would be accounted for in the Fudge Factor)
Also, Once the PC is created would running external H/D's and other USB devices add drastically to power consumption? or does the x1.5 over-calculate for such things?
Sorry for all the Questions... I'm just terrified I'll Fry all my new parts by not calculating properly!

Last edited:
Back