2003 Server 64 crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirs

I have recently built a 2003 Server with dual athlon on an Asus A8NSLI premium motherboard with Nvidia Graphics card (originally ATI but they did not officially support 2003 server 64) .

Usual sql server stuff installed plus new 64 bit versions of Nero 7 and corporate symantec antivirus 64 bit v 10.01.

1GB ecc ram.

I am getting sporadic crashes every few days. This is a live server and its quite serious.

I have tried my utmost to anlayse the minidumps including this link http://www.memecode.com/docs/minidump.php but they remain incomprehensible.

I think they are mostly PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bugcheck String: 0x00000050

I hate submitting this..its almost an admission of failure on my part!!

Julian

tazzydemon said:
I hate submitting this..its almost an admission of failure on my part!!

There is absolutely no shame in asking for help, we all do it sometimes:) First, let me congratulate on your thorough troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I dont know much about Minidump files so I will not be able to analyse them.

Also, have you ruled out overheating problems?

Is there anything particular that happens shortly before the crash occurs? Ie: Do all the crashes occur at the same time, ie: peak time.

Also, what is the server used for?

Regards,

Korrupt

Thats funny..I see people have submitted minidumps to this site which were analysed. I was hoping I would be lucky.

It is a live version management (content) server and it crashes at odd times inside or outside the working day (in Auckland NZ).

I have no idea at all what to suspect.

Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back