TechSpot

2003 Server 64 crashes

By tazzydemon
Sep 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirs

I have recently built a 2003 Server with dual athlon on an Asus A8NSLI premium motherboard with Nvidia Graphics card (originally ATI but they did not officially support 2003 server 64) .

Usual sql server stuff installed plus new 64 bit versions of Nero 7 and corporate symantec antivirus 64 bit v 10.01.

1GB ecc ram.

I am getting sporadic crashes every few days. This is a live server and its quite serious.

I have tried my utmost to anlayse the minidumps including this link http://www.memecode.com/docs/minidump.php but they remain incomprehensible.

I think they are mostly PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bugcheck String: 0x00000050

I hate submitting this..its almost an admission of failure on my part!!

Julian

2. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

There is absolutely no shame in asking for help, we all do it sometimes:) First, let me congratulate on your thorough troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I dont know much about Minidump files so I will not be able to analyse them.

Also, have you ruled out overheating problems?

Is there anything particular that happens shortly before the crash occurs? Ie: Do all the crashes occur at the same time, ie: peak time.

Also, what is the server used for?

Regards,

Korrupt

3. tazzydemon

tazzydemon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thats funny..I see people have submitted minidumps to this site which were analysed. I was hoping I would be lucky.

It is a live version management (content) server and it crashes at odd times inside or outside the working day (in Auckland NZ).

I have no idea at all what to suspect.

Julian

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.