22" Green Monitor!! Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running a brand new Acer AL2216W as a Primary MOnitor from an ACER Aspire1690 LAptop. I can see the screen okay but the thing is all green? Or at least the reds are green. I downloaded a colour profile from acer - but it has not helped

Could it be that the graphics card is the problem?

ATI Mobility Radeon X700 PCl Express with 64MB VRAM

All suggestions gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Are they always like that? Even outside of Windows? DVI or VGA? I can't be bothered to look up that model number.

Have you tried the monitor on anything else? Tried a different cable?

The Monitor that is green is DVI (whatever that means!) Yep this monitor is always grren. I am prepared to say that it isnt the cable, Could be the monitor, but I cant really check on another pc

It looks like I just have to adjust the colour but I dont know wher or how

Any suggestions?

Is it solid green or can you still see everything, just with a green tint?

What happens if you disconnect the monitor but leave it on, do you get an On Screen Display (OSD) telling you to check the signal cable or something similar? If so is that green? What about any startup display on the monitor before it tries to display what it should? If either of those are green your monitor is broke.

If those are normal colors, then you either have a bad cable, or bad connection to your video card out, or bad videocard, or perhaps you just need to update the drivers.

If you have another monitor try that with your pc and see if you have green colors. If not, then you've eliminated your gfx card as the issue. It may be drivers, check to see if those are updated. Then you're left with something wrong with the monitor yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back